ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Christmas Shopping 101: The Basic Gift Guide for Everyone in Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year… CHRISTMAS TIME! Christmas shopping can be overwhelming to the best shoppers; nonetheless, when you have a long list of family, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, and their parents, you can become completely overwhelmed. When you don’t know where to start, take a minute and check out this list to help you with all your gift-giving needs!

Mom

We all know your mother deserves the world. but considering that gift might be a little large, here are some ideas that are guaranteed to make your momma’s Christmas.

1. Photo Book
  2. Herbal Tea Set
  3. BIG Wine Glass

Dad

Dads can be the hardest to buy for. They always have a sense of what they want… and then they just go buy it for themselves. Super helpful.

1. A Good Wallet
  2. Sweaters
  3. A Nice Bottle of Scotch

Brother

Stick to simple, fun, and useful gifts for the brother in the family.

1.  A Good Wallet
  2.  Cards Against Humanity
  3. Video Games

Sister

You love your sister, so treat her with some comfy classics that are perfect for the Winter season!

1. Mermaid Fin Blanket
  2. LUSH bath bombs
  3. Blanket Scarf

Grandparents

Let’s face it: it’s their obligation as grandparents to love everything you do, so spoil them in the most thoughtful ways you can.

1) Big Wine Glass or Coffee Cup

2) Christmas Ornament

3) Framed picture of You/the Family

Secret Santa

These classic gifts are always my go-to when it comes to giving a Secret Santa gift.

1. Candles
  2. Fuzzy Socks
  3. Gift Card in a Coffee Mug

Boyfriend/Girlfriend

When it comes to buying for your significant other, stick to staples and you can’t go wrong.

1. Sweater
  2. Cologne/Perfume
  3. Jewellery/Watch

Dog/Cat

Our fur babies deserve some Christmas loving too – don’t forget to get them something they can enjoy on the big day too!

1. New bed
  2. New toys
  3. New treats 

Boyfriend’s/Girlfriend’s Parents

1. Alcohol
  2. Food Sets
  3. Cutting board & Charcuterie set

If in doubt, these basic go-to gifts will always be a hit with family and friends over the holiday season!

• Gift Cards for a Date Night
  • Gas Cards
  • Wine
  • Phone Charger
  • PJS
  • Fuzzy Socks
  • Subscriptions to Something They Like

Happy holidays, colligettes!

AJ H

Wilfrid Laurier '19

stay smiling
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem