Christmas Gift Ideas for Your Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Christmas present shopping can be really hard, especially when you are looking to buy something for your best friend. Naturally, you want the gift you give to be meaningful and special, as the right present can truly show how much you appreciate your bestie. So here are some gift ideas to help you find the perfect present for the person who is always there for you. 

Matching Jewellery 

Matching jewellery is a simple yet genuine way of expressing to your best friend how much they mean to you. Whether it be a ring, necklace or bracelet, your best friend will think of you every time they put on the jewellery item. This is also a great present idea if you have a larger friend group. Rather than coming up with multiple gift ideas for each person, you simply have to choose one piece of jewellery and give that to each person. It will save you lots of time without taking away from the quality or sincerity of the gift. 

Personalized Song Plaque 

Do you and your best friend have a song that you always sing and dance to when you are getting ready or when you go to parties? Then getting artwork of the song is a great and thoughtful present idea. There are many websites that sell customizable Spotify song plaques, but there are also lots of tutorials online showing you how to make one as well. So, if you are a crafty person, you can always do it yourself. This present is not only a great decoration item, but it is also really special since it is so personalized.

Cookbook

A cookbook is the perfect gift for a young adult as this person is typically just starting to cook for themselves. So, a cookbook will help your friend a lot as it gives step-by-step instructions on how to prepare a meal and will give them many ideas. There are also many different cookbooks oriented towards certain diets or lifestyles. So, if your friend is vegan or gluten-free and has a hard time finding meals to make, this gift will really help them. 

Nail Set 

Getting your nails done can be expensive, especially if you do it regularly. If your friend gets their nails done often, then a nail set is something that they would definitely appreciate. There are many sets that sell the tools needed to do acrylic or dip nails. This way, your friend can do their own nails from the comfort of their home. Not only is this gift a fun learning experience, but it will also allow your best friend to save a lot of money down the road. 

Tickets to an Event 

Most people choose to buy their friends tangible gifts as they can keep the present for a longer period of time. However, it is important to note that simply spending the day with your best friend is also a very meaningful present. In order to make more memories with your friends, you guys have to actually do stuff together. Getting them a ticket to their favourite artist’s concert or a ticket to a game also makes for a great gift. You guys will always look back on that day and remember how much fun you had. So, do not underestimate the value of a day well spent with your best friend. 

Gift Cards 

Gift cards may seem like a boring present, but they could be one that your best friend will really appreciate. If they are always shopping at a certain store, really like eating out or if they buy coffee every day, then buying them a gift card could be very useful. They will value the fact that you know them well enough to buy a gift card to one of their favourite restaurants or stores. And also, you will know for sure that they will enjoy and use your present. So, you definitely cannot go wrong with purchasing a gift card. 

Over the years, I have come to realize that the gift you give is not that important, but rather it is the meaning behind your present that matters. So do not put too much pressure on yourself to find the perfect gift since it really is the thought that counts.

Elvan Ulkuseven

Wilfrid Laurier '24

Elvan is in her 2nd year at Wilfrid Laurier University studying Business Administration (BBA), with a minor in French. Her passions include reading and baking. She is very excited to be writing for Her Campus this year!