Campus Profile: Max Zibaei

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Max Zibaei is the type of person we all need in our lives: a nonchalant personality with a good sense of humor. Check out his campus profile to see how he continues to make Laurier a better place.

Name: Maxwell Zibaei

Age: 23

Year: 5th

Program: Archaeology

Hometown: Waterloo, ON

Relationship Status: Single [519-781-3419; call it ;)]

Motto: “The Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.”

Who is your celebrity crush?

Anna Kendrick.

Where is your favourite place to go out in Waterloo?

Chainer, ‘cause I’m too old to enjoy Phil’s. I mean, have you seen the kids going there nowadays? I feel like that creepy guy giving out candy from his van on the playground. Nah, no Phil’s!

What is your favourite after bar snack?

Pizza Maniac, RIP.

What have you been involved in at Laurier?

In first year, I did nothing. In second year, I also did nothing. Third year, I joined Sigma Chi, still did nothing. In fourth year, I was the greatest don to ever grace God’s green earth (KC4, baby). Finally, this year, I rocked out with my hawk out as an Icebreaker on the Blue Olympians (AHOU AHOU) and I’m going to participate in Winter Carnival as a part of the One Minute Wonders. And for some reason, I am the Treasurer of my fraternity this year. I don’t do math. 

What/who is your biggest inspiration?

My dad. Dude came to Canada with no money and no legitimate university degree and worked hard for everything we have. He taught me the importance of hard work and deserving the things in my life. Also, he taught me how to not take things seriously and helped foster my nonchalant attitude towards everything.

What is the craziest thing you’ve done?

This one time at Dallas, I managed to dislocate my shoulder and break my glasses all in the same night. I thought I could master riding the bull one handed, and instead lasted a mere moment, flew off, and landed weirdly on my shoulder and popped it out. Then, just to top it all off, I slipped on the stairs on the way to the washroom and broke my glasses on the fall down, and that’s why I don’t do Dallas anymore

What is something most people don’t know about you?

I love Nickelback. I’m not naturally a blonde.  My mom says I’m a really good guy and any girl would be lucky to marry me #swiperight.

What are three things you want to do before you die?

Punch a shark, visit Italy/marry an Italian, and finally graduate.

What’s the best advice you’ve received?

Laurier is what you make of it. Getting involved and broadening your social horizons is the greatest thing you can do during your time here. The experiences you will have are priceless and the friends you make are forever.

After sitting down with Max, it is clear that he has, and continues to, leave a positive impact on our campus. Max, we can’t wait to see what you will do next in your remaining time here at Laurier!

Lauren Burnside

Wilfrid Laurier

Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem