This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

The man behind #Pose4Kha

Name: Kha Vo

Age: 22

Hometown: Saigon, Vietnam

Program: Bachelor of Arts

Relationship Status: Single and always ready to mingle (5197224055 in case y’all need this because I don’t like the DMs)

Social Media Handles:

@khatdvo for main business

@avokhado for behind the lens life

@pose4kha for portraits of beautiful people

What made you choose Laurier?

My brother went to Laurier and I lived in Waterloo so I had a close relationship with the campus, and I also decided to stay local to save money from living in an apartment. Laurier offered the program that I wanted as well!

What was the first thing you got involved with at Laurier and what inspired you to do it?

I was a photographer for The Cord. I joined because I like taking photos and somehow I found a connection to sports photography through working with them.

What inspired you to start  taking photos?

In my fifth year of high school, using a DSLR my mom bought me, I started taking photos for fun and then for the yearbook team.

Photo courtesy of Will Huang

How was Vietnam different from Canada? What was your favourite aspect of Vietnam?

Vietnam is too hot for jeans, and I was born in the biggest city of the country so it was a very busy, and social life. I love the food, of course, and there’s no snow so that’s a bonus.

Who do you look up to the most and why?

Probably my siblings and parents because they are the reasons why I am in Canada and do what I do.

What has been the highlight of your photography journey?

It was definitely shooting for Sportsnet magazine in October 2015 covering the Toronto Maple Leafs prospects while playing for the Marlies. I got the email from the photography director and they hired me! I’ve also been published in some of the most well-known magazines in Canada.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

I want to continue shooting sports for big names in the industry such as the CFL, Getty Images, the NFL, ESPN, Sportsnet, TSN … and also big events like the World Cup, the Olympics etc. These are big dreams to have in the span of five years but I will do everything in my power to achieve them so I can do what I love the most.

How would your friends describe you in three words?

Dedicated. Blessed. Warm hearted.

What is something about yourself that wouldn’t come up in a typical conversation?

“Are you single?”

Photo courtesy of Christian Bender

So what’s your New Year’s Resolution? Has it been successful so far?

Get a degree. Shoot more sports games at Laurier so I can reach 200 career games and events during my undergrad. I may finally ask a girl out after all these busy years with photography and school (hopefully). Definitely looking forward to a job as a sports shooter.

If you could only eat one food for the rest of the year, what would it be?

Pho. And pho life.

What do you look for in a girl?

If she can smile everyday, I’m blessed.

Idea of a perfect date would be…?

That’s tricky…I have actually never dated. Two words: Friend. Zone.

When you’re not capturing shots behind the lens, what do you enjoy in your down time?

Editing photos *laughs*, but also spending time with friends.

Seeing as you were previously a film studies major, if there was a movie made about your life, who would play the role of you and why?

Jackie Chan. I love that guy.

If you had the chance to go back in time, what would you tell first year Kha?

I made lots of sacrifices to get where I am today but I am grateful. I hope that you, Laurier’s incoming young, passionate photographers, will persist and never give up on your dreams. Fight for what you believe in, no matter what. Have faith, be patient, work hard, dream big, be proud, and stay hungry. Hard work never stops and neither should you. Keep hustling. And stay golden, my Hawks! I made a name here and I will forever cherish and appreciate this golden community.

How would you describe the key to success with one word and why?

Trust. If you do not trust yourself, how will you reach the stars?

What are your plans for the rest of your time here at Laurier?

Continue to bless Laurier’s Instagram game. Bless Up.  Thank You.

It comes as no surprise that for the third time Kha’s talents have gotten him featured as a Her Campus Profile. Many thanks, Kha, for taking the time to be interviewed and continuously blessing us Golden Hawks with every photo captured! Stay Blessed!

Additional Photo Credits: Will Huang and Regan Kat

Gabriella Leitao

Wilfrid Laurier

Hi! I'm Gabriella Leitao and I'm a third year student at Wilfrid Laurier University majoring in Communications with minors in Religion and Cultural Studies. The only thing I love more than writing is froyo... and acai bowls... and Netflix... and boys who are good at winking. I am a huge Ed Sheeran fan, always lost in a crowd, and I'm essentially an insomniac who takes sporadic naps. I am addicted to filling up my cart online shopping and then realizing I am a broke university student and closing out the page. My greatest talent in life is being able to move my nostrils and eyebrows in rhythm ... my parents are very proud of me, as you can imagine. Hit me up on the Insta: @lilgabsss & the Twitter-sphere: @l1lgabsss (sometimes I'm witty)