This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Name: Katie Haffner

Year: 3rd

Program: Psychology

Relationship Status: Taken

Siblings? A 17-year-old brother.

Favourite food? Kraft Dinner.

Favourite movie? Honestly don’t really have one.

What are three of your strongest qualities? Dedication, leadership, organization.

What is your (not-so-secret) weakness/bad habit?

The unhealthy amount of Pepsi I drink.

Why did you choose Laurier?

It is close to home (and my dog), it’s small, and the student involvement/experience.

Fav Laurier prof(s)? Anneke Olthof, John Stephens.

Club affiliation(s)? Laurier Supporting Sick Kids and SOS.

What is your role in Laurier Supporting SickKids (LSS) and how many years have you been involved with it?

3rd year involved, 2nd year as president.

If you miss a LSS meeting, where could we find you?

Working, but wanting to be at home sleeping with my dog.

What can the Laurier community expect from LSS in second semester?

Lots of new events! We’ll be having off campus fundraisers, bake sales, and candy kabobs will be back!

What is your dream job?

Occupational Therapist in Autism Services.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

I’m terrified of airplanes and airports, but definitely Australia (no idea why, but I have always wanted to go).

What is one superpower you wish you had?

To see into the future.

What is your favourite quote?

“You just can’t beat the one who never gives up” – Babe Ruth

Laurier Supporting SickKids has many events throughout each semester, and the profits from each event go directly to SickKids, and help SickKids Hospital in a variety of ways. Whether it is helping purchase new equipment for the hospital, helping provide different entertainment devices for the children, or helping create spaces for the families of the children, each donation goes a long way. The next upcoming event for LSS is a Holiday Gift Wrapping event, where we will be wrapping any of your holiday gifts, selling chocolates, and allowing anyone to send a card to a kid at SickKids for a donation of their choice. These cards will put a smile on the children’s faces, and will help make their holiday season that much better. For more information on this event, and for other upcoming events, check out Laurier Supporting SickKids’ Facebook and Instagram pages at:

Insta: @lauriersupportingsickkids

Facebook: @Laurier Supporting SickKids-LSS

Scarlett Cohen

Wilfrid Laurier

Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.