Campus Cutie: Rose Trenker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Meet Rose Trenker, an enthusiastic second year BBA student. Rosie, as her friends call her, is from London, Ontario and expects to graduate in 2017. She is an outgoing, positive and a genuine Laurier leader, who loves meeting new people and is heavily involved on campus!

Favorite Waterloo eats:

I’m going to be straight up: Pizza Maniac.

Spirit animal:

Ikea monkey.

Hidden talents:

One time I held my arm up in the air for an hour and a half for a contest, but I think that’ll only be useful if I ever go on the show Survivor.

Something on your bucket list:

I’ve always wanted to learn how to properly ballroom dance. I think it’s so elegant!

What are you involved in on campus? Why did you choose to get involved in these things?

I’m currently the Alumni Network Director for the Laurier Marketing Association and a part of the High School Relations Executive Team for The Link. I’m also an Icebreaker this year! I chose to get more involved in business clubs, because I really enjoy having the opportunity to learn more about business outside of the classroom. Ever since my own O-week, I’ve wanted to be an icebreaker, because I wanted to have the opportunity to help first years in their transition to Laurier.

What has been your greatest accomplishment at Laurier so far?

Being accepted into the co-op program was a huge personal accomplishment for me. It has been one of my biggest goals for a while, and is something that I worked hard for. I was always really attracted to the idea of having the opportunity to try out a variety of potential jobs in my field of interest; it’s one of those things that is really exciting and slightly scary all at the same time.

Do you have any goals for before you graduate?

I really want to make the absolute most of my upcoming years at Laurier. I never want to look back at the opportunities I was presented with, and regret not going for them out of fear or doubt. I was always slightly intimidated by people saying that you have to make the next four years the “best years of your life,” because that sounds like a lot of pressure.  So, I’ve decided that if I can look back at my years as ones filled with meeting new people, being involved in extracurricular activities, keeping my grades up, and making tons of memories, then I’ll have considered myself successful. 

What is the best thing about Laurier?

My favourite thing about Laurier is definitely its small, community feeling. I’ve heard people talk about how they need to leave an extra 10 minutes early for class because they know they’ll run into so many people along the way, and I think that speaks volumes about our school. The family feel contributes to our amazing school spirit, and that’s what really makes Laurier feel like home.

What is one piece of advice that you can give to your fellow Golden Hawks? 

In these next couple of years, you’re going to meet so many different types of people with different views on the world, different values, and different beliefs. Be open to learning about other people, free of judgment.  Embrace having the opportunity to interact with people who are different from you, or people whom you wouldn’t usually be friends with. Never think less of anyone because they don’t act the same way you do, instead see it as an opportunity to gain an understanding of those around you, and to learn more about yourself! And ultimately, never feel that you have to compromise who you are in order to try to fit into a mold. 

There is no doubt that Rose has already made a huge mark on this school, and will continue to do so in the years to come. She loves her amazing friends and family, and because of that, she strives to be a person that other people know they can count on. Rose is a huge extrovert; she loves meeting new people and learning from them, so next time you see her in the halls make sure to say hi and make a new friend!

Paige O'Grady

Wilfrid Laurier

Andreia McLean

Wilfrid Laurier