Campus Cutie: Becca Paddock

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Friendly, compassionate, and absolutely hilarious: what’s not to love about this week’s Campus Cutie, Becca Paddock! Recently back from an outreach trip in Honduras, Miss Paddock was kind enough to sit down with Her Campus and answer a few questions. Her signature curls, model-worthy height (of 5’ 11 to be exact) and big smile make it hard not to recognize this stunning lady. Be sure to meet one of the kindest girls on campus before she graduates this year!

Name: Becca Paddock

Program: BBA with Co-op Option, minor in Psychology

Age: 21

Year:  4th

Hometown: West Side Galt (a.k.a. Cambridge)

Relationship Status: Me, myself, and all my millions

Motto:  Start each day like it’s your birthday! 

What have you been involved in during your time at Laurier?

I’ve been so fortunate to be a part of some incredible groups on campus! I was a member of the WCH House Council, volunteered on the Shinerama committee for two years, and held several volunteer roles within Students Offering Support (both on campus and on an outreach trip to Honduras). This is also my second year as a campus ambassador, and I am very excited to be a BU121 TA for the winter semester when I’m back from my co-op term! 

What are you up to this semester?

I’m working at Hershey Canada for my last co-op term as a Chocolate Innovation Intern. I work with the innovation team to plan new chocolate products for the year, which is a dream come true! I’m so lucky to be able to work in such a creative environment with incredible people!

Name 3 things you’re obsessed with.

Beyoncé (who isn’t?), hummus (better known as “YUM-mus”), and BuzzFeed quizzes (of course I want to know what type of pizza describes my personality).

What is something that people would be surprised to find out about you?

Probably my love of rap music. If you ever catch me on a run or driving around, I’m most likely jamming to Biggie Smalls, Kanye, or Kendrick.

What’s your go-to dance move?

A dance move that never fails is what I like to call the “Inflatable Tube Man”. You know those giant colourful things that wave around at car dealerships when they are having a sale? All you have to do is mimic how they wave around. There is absolutely no coordination required, and it works for any type of music! It’s a really good one to use when the dance floor at Phil’s is getting crowded and you just need a little bit more space to break it down. 

If you could be any fictional character for a day, who would it be?

I would be Sloane Peterson from my favourite movie, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off! She gets to spend the whole day with Ferris and Cameron driving a Ferrari, exploring Chicago, and crashing a parade! Who wouldn’t want to do that?!

What’s your favourite holiday and why?

Hmmm this is a tough one… I absolutely love Christmas, but I feel like that’s what everyone says because it’s the one time of year where you can get the festive special at Swiss Chalet. Can I say my favourite holiday that’s not really a holiday? Okay, then it would be Halloween! I just love making homemade costumes! 

Where do you see yourself in five years?

Being a back up dancer for Beyoncé. If that doesn’t work out, my fallback plan is to be Blue Ivy’s nanny.

What is the best present you’ve ever received?

As I said, I have a slight obsession with Queen B… So last year, my brothers made me a custom sweater that says, “Don’t Worry, Be Yoncé”. I wear it everyday like Clark Kent and his superman suit just in case I ever run into Beyoncé at the exact moment she needs a back up dancer to fill in. 

What is your favourite Laurier memory so far?

Definitely when I gave my first campus tour! Becoming a campus ambassador was the best decision I have made at Laurier since deciding to attend this incredible school! It is such a rewarding job because you can have a small, but positive impact on prospective students. Giving tours is the best part of my day because I get to tell future Golden Hawks why Laurier is so wonderful! 

Thanks for chatting with us Becca! You’ve inspired so many of us at Laurier, and your positive attitude does not go unnoticed. We’re sure you’ll make your last year at Laurier a special one!

Pareesa Bina

Wilfrid Laurier

Pareesa is a fourth year Business student at Wilfrid Laurier University. When she isn’t studying or writing, you can find her lane swimming, reading a good book on her hammock, or browsing the lipstick aisle at Sephora. She loves to "wine and dine" with her best friends, travel and enjoy a daily dose of Earl Grey tea. Pareesa lives for good puns, a good laugh and good company. 
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem