Campus Celebrity: Alessandra Autieri

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

This collegiette is definitely leaving her mark on this Laurier campus, in more ways than one. Whether she’s rallying the Shienerama team or giving tours of campus to perspective students she is always displaying her Golden Hawk pride! Friendly, passionate, inspiring and an all around nice gal: what’s not to love about this week’s Campus Celeb Alessandra!

Name: Alessandra Autieri

Program: Kinesiology and Physical Education with a Psychology Minor

Year of Study: 3rd Year

Hometown: Brampton

Relationship status? Single

Favourite band/singer: Band is A Day To Remember. Singer is Queen B!

Favourite phrase or saying: “WOO COLLEGE!” – Al DeCiantis

Favourite spot at Laurier: 24 lounge (The amount of time I spent there during Orientation Week definitely has something to do with it being my favourite spot)

Favourite season: Fall

Coffee or Tea: Coffee (Although, as long as it has caffeine, I’m happy

What are you involved with on campus? Tell us about your positions and roles.

This year, I’m the Shinerama Promotions Executive (BLING BLING), and I had the pleasure of working with an amazing team during Orientation Week to raise awareness and funds for Cystic Fibrosis. I also have two campus jobs: one is being a Campus Ambassador, which entails giving tours and sharing my amazing Laurier experiences with prospective students, and the other is teaching Group Exercise classes at the Athletic Complex (shout-out to Bootylicious and Muscle Pump).

What inspired you to get involved?

My icebreakers when I was in first year inspired me (I’m pretty sure I’ve told them this…but if not, then I hope this makes them happy)! They were the first people I met at Laurier who were involved around campus, and 3 years later they are still motivating me to get out of my comfort zone and try new things.

What would you like to be known for?

How caring I am. I really hate seeing people upset and I’m always willing to help anyone who needs it, whether it is by giving advice or just listening. Putting a smile on someone’s face is something I try to accomplish every day.

What’s your #1 most listened to song on your iPod?

Shake It Off by Taylor Swift (Throwback to Orientation Week 2014)!

What is your fashion staple?

Black leggings, and my sunglasses that I never leave my house without.

What does it mean to be a Golden Hawk?

It means that you bleed purple and gold, you’re always willing to help a fellow student, you’re involved with at least one extracurricular activity, and you definitely don’t walk on the hawk.

How would you describe yourself in three words?

Optimistic, goal-oriented, and open-minded.

If you could have unlimited supplies of one home cooked meal, what would it be?

I would pick grilled cheese, my all-time favourite meal, with ice cream for dessert, of course!

What is your favourite Laurier memory thus far?

It’s hard to pick just one, but I’d have to say counting all the money donated to Laurier Shinerama on Shine Day. Being in a room with that much change and knowing that it’s all going to a great cause is an amazing feeling. It reminds me of the passion that Laurier students have for Shinerama, and the impact that we can have on people’s lives when we work together!

What is your favourite series or show to binge watch on Netflix?

I just finished watching Gossip Girl, and Grey’s Anatomy is next on my list.

What “most likely to” superlative would you be honored to receive?

I don’t know about being the most honored to receive this, but “most likely to lose a winning lottery ticket” is the perfect one for me.

Alessandra, you are definitely a sweetheart and a total gem! Thank you for sharing a little part of your world with us. You are truly destined for amazing things and we felt inspired after chatting with you!

Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem