Campus Celeb: Maddie Phillips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Name: Maddie Phillips (IG: maddiephillips_)

Age: 20

Year: First year transfer student from Western

Program: BBA

Hometown: Oakville

Currently binge watching: The new season of House of Cards

Quote to live by: “Make money get turnt”

Favourite song at the moment?  Low Life – Future ft. the Weekend

Favourite celebrity? Gigi Hadid

What is a day in the life of Maddie Phillips like?

I often wake up late, and then rush to get ready, yet I always seem to make it to classes (impressive, I know). I am pretty busy throughout the day so I like to come back and binge watch some Netflix any chance I get. Depending on the day, I have to go back to school for a meeting. But if not, I hit the gym or meet up with some friends to study, pretty boring and basic, I know!  

What have you been involved in at Laurier thus far?

Laurier Marketing Association, IUCC Case Conference, and Technology Management Laurier. I love meeting new people and since I am a transfer student from Western, joining clubs has been really great!

Favourite winter clothing accessory?  Scarves, beanies, and a great jacket!

Who’s purple is better, Laurier’s or Western’s?

hmmm…that is a tough one but I have to say Laurier’s!

What is your favourite thing(s) about Laurier?

Definitely the sense of community and engagement Golden Hawks have.

What are your goals for the following years at Laurier?

My main goal is to continue being involved in the Laurier student body! The Golden Hawk community is amazing and I love being an active member in school clubs and associations. I would also really like to do an academic exchange!

Where is your favourite study spot on campus?

The Solarium.

What do you like to do outside of school?

When I get a free minute, I like to hangout with friends and go to the gym. I also love to cook! During the holidays I like to ski and spend time with my family.

What do you hope to accomplish after graduating?

After graduating, I want to spend some time travelling Europe. Then, hopefully find a job in the business world, but I have yet to decided which field! I have some time to figure everything out, so I am not too worried!

Brooklyn Ramsey

Wilfrid Laurier

Brooklyn Ramsey, how do I even begin to explain Brooklyn Ramsey? She has two Fendi purses and silver Lexus. Her hair is insured for 10 thousand dollars, and I hear she does car commercials…in Japan. Her favourite movie is Varsity Blues and one time she met John Stamos on a plane and he told her she was pretty. Brooklyn aspires to be a cool mom and make sure Gretchen never lets "fetch" happen.
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem