Calling all Collegiette’s! We’re Hiring!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Ever dream of being a part of a magazine? Her Campus Wilfrid Laurier is looking for career-minded, socially connected, fashionable, and talented students to join our team! HerCampus.com has served as the #1 online magazine for college women since 2009 and has inspired many young journalists to pursue their dreams. Since writing for HC, many women have been offered jobs and internships to: Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Vogue, Teen Vogue, Seventeen and many more! What are you waiting for?! Join Her Campus Laurier and jump start your Laurier experience and future career!

Questions? Email us!

wilfrid-laurier@hercampus.com emilywebster@hercampus.com or

elysemulhall@hercampus.com

Or visit us at:

http://www.hercampus.com/school/wilfrid-laurier

I’m interested! Now what? Fill out the application below and email us!

wilfrid-laurier@hercampus.com

Please send your application to us and include your name in the subject line along with: Her Campus Wilfrid Laurier Application

1. Full Name, Major, Year:

2. Why do you want to be a part our chapter of Her Campus? What do you hope to gain from this experience?

3. What relevant experience do you have? How would it help you as a part of Her Campus?

4. What does your schedule look like this semester? What other things are you involved in on campus?

5. Which section of Her Campus are you interested in?

-Marketing (Promotions Team / Events Team)

-Editing

-Writing (please note part time writing positions are available)

Expectations

Marketing Squad

-Boothing and on campus advertisement

-Social Media campaigns and campaign idea development (we want everyone’s ideas!)

-Social Media competitions (occasional hashtag creation, competition creation, boosting)

-Themed promotional campaigns

-Assist in any marketing exec’s department if requested (Twitter, Instagram, Youtube)

-Any creative promotion ideas (matching apparel, themed apparel, blitzes, etc)

Events Squad

-Plan internal socials

-Assist in event logistics

-Occasional assistance in event planning

-Event set up and take down

-Ticket Selling

-Event marketing

Editing

-Submit your completed work on time

-Edits are shown through

-You provide feedback for your writers and pass it on to the Editor and Chief

-Communicate with the Editor and Chief if you have not received articles or will be late in handing your work in

-Timely and organized

Writing

-Submit your completed article on time

-Creative and innovative ideas

-Come to meetings prepared with your pitches and a back up-Communicate with the President’s if you are unable to write that week or need assistance contacting someone for an interview

Further Application Notes

If you are applying to be a writer please pitch two article ideas. Please choose one of the pieces you pitched and write a sample post. Include a title and tags! This should be roughly 500 words.

If you are applying to be on our events team please pitch two event ideas Her Campus could run during the semester. Please choose one event and describe in detail.

If you are applying to be an editor please note we will be sending you an additional edit test to complete.

APPLICATIONS ARE DUE: MONDAY JANUARY 18th AT MIDNIGHTWe can’t wait to hear from you! Happy applying and HCXO,

Emily and Elyse

Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem
Elyse Mulhall

Wilfrid Laurier

Third year Communications and Global Studies double major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON, Canada. What you should know about me? Incoming Co-Campus Corespondent and Co-Editor in Chief for Her Campus WLU! Obsessed with all things surrounding: good conversations, good people, good food, instagraming and beyond. Like these things? I like you! Let's be friends? instagram @emulhs