This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Although I may not be graduating quite yet, all my roommates are, so the three of us came up with a fun list of all the things we want to do together before this semester is over. Here are just a few of the things on our bucket list that we would like to do before they move onto other things.

Throw a House Party for St. Patrick’s Day

It is a well-known fact that Laurier is the place to be for St. Patrick’s Day. But with that being said, I find the street party a little overrated. It just gets so gross and muddy after only a few hours, plus we’ve all gone to the street party for the past couple of years. So instead, we’re planning to throw a house party this year. Since we have never actually thrown one at our house, it will be more enjoyable than the street party. This provides us with an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone: throw our first-ever house party and not have to spend hours in the mud!

Study in Every Building on Campus

There are so many nice buildings on the Laurier campus with cute places to study, which I have definitely not been taking advantage of enough. The only places I have spent time studying are in the library and the science building. So, for this semester, the plan is to spend less time rotting in the house and more time exploring all the buildings on campus to hopefully find a new favourite spot to study.

Hit All of the Bars in Waterloo

Whenever we got out, we only really go to the same three bars so, before the semester is over, we want to go to every bar in the area at least one time. This is kind of a big goal for us as normally we don’t even go out enough times in a semester to account for the number of different bars there are. To make this more achievable, we’re planning to do a bar crawl, as the only way we could make it to all the bars this semester is if we go to multiple in one night. Plus, a bar crawl just seems like so much fun and a peak university thing to do.

Win a Game of Badminton

This one is kind of embarrassing to admit, but the three of us have been playing badminton intramurals for a few semesters now and we have yet to win a game. But it is fine because we have a lot of fun even when we are getting crushed. With that being said, our losing streak will be coming to an end this semester. We just played our first game and were genuinely so close to winning, so I have high hopes of bringing home at least one win!

Everyone Makes it Out to Morning Breakfast Debrief

The morning after debrief is one of the best parts about going out, which is only made better by a hot and greasy breakfast. Unfortunately, there hasn’t been one time when we have all made it out of the house for breakfast, but that is going to change this semester.

Hunger Games Marathon

Our two favourite things to do when we’re all home at the same time are to watch movies and gossip. So, it only makes sense that we have at least three more marathons of all the movies in The Hunger Games franchise, including the new one, since they are our favourite movies to watch together and hands down the best movies ever made. I will be taking no arguments on this.

Joe’s Hot Dog Stand

I mean who doesn’t love street meat? We certainly do! Joe’s is a staple for us after a night out, so we want to go at least one or two more times before the semester is over. Plus, Joe is so nice and deserves ten million dollars in sales, so make sure you stop by!       

Get a Brazilian Wax

We’ve been joking about getting Brazilian waxes for so long, so this is going to be the semester where we actually do it.

One of Us Gets into A Program We Applied To

While the rest of the items on this list have been lighter and more unserious, this one is obviously a significant change of pace to our bucket list. All of us are applying to different programs for next year and are looking to do different things with our lives. I am hoping that we all get into what we want. The two of them are more than deserving of achieving their goals and I will be rooting for them always. So, here’s to bigger and better things!

Overall, I am extremely grateful for the past few years living with these two girls. Although I’m really sad that it’s already our last semester together, I’m so looking forward to making it our best semester yet and accomplishing everything on our bucket list and more!

Jennifer Gibson

Wilfrid Laurier '25

Jennifer is a third year Business student, minoring in Psychology, at Wilfrid Laurier University. Her career goals are to pursue anything that is in a creative field. She loves reading, dancing and hanging out with her friends.