This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Ever since Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce started dating, many of their interactions have been compared to scenes out of a romance movie or book. From Travis making a friendship bracelet with his phone number, Taylor changing the lyrics of her song at a concert he was attending, both of them serenading each other to her song after his Super Bowl win and everything in between. Every new picture and video seem like a romance scene coming to life. So, here’s a list of books that give off the same wholesome romantic vibes as Taylor and Travis.

Blinded by the Spotlight by Elora Maxwell

This book seems to quite literally be the story of Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce. In this book, Mae Evans is the biggest country music star in the world and Wyatt Lucas is a star football player. They meet after Mae has a concert at his football stadium. The two instantly hit it off and support each other by going to each other’s concerts and football games. Sound familiar? This is a fun, short and cute read for everyone who can’t get enough of Taylor and Travis’s relationship dynamic!

When Stars Collide by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

This book is a part of a series but can be read as a standalone. It follows Olivia, a world-famous opera singer, and Thad, a quarterback, as they work and travel together on a tour to promote a brand. The book is filled with romantic suspense, humour and some mystery!

Once More with Feeling by Elissa Sussman

While this book isn’t about a football star meeting a superstar, it’s still a fun romance between America’s number one pop star and the hottest member of a boyband. So maybe this does seem more like a Taylor Swift and Harry Styles romance, but that’s okay! That’s fun too! This book goes from friends to lovers to enemies. It’s told through a dual timeline, going back and forth between the past and the present. This is truly a heartfelt and cute read particularly if you love a celebrity romance!

Fumbled by Alexa Martin

This book is once again a part of a series (the second book to be exact) but it can be read as a standalone. This book was quite literally inspired by Travis Kelce, as the main character is a wide receiver named TK. While the other main character, Poppy, isn’t a famous singer, this book is inspired by Travis, so I obviously had to include it. This is another fun read filled with a protective and goofy football player like Travis, so this is definitely a great read if you want more of his vibe.

The List of Things by Emma Miller

This is a university sports romance where the star quarterback is convinced that he can show the female protagonist that a romcom level of love does exist in the real world. This book is cheesy in the best way and filled with so many cute moments. It’s filled with many of the romantic clichés that we’ve seen in movies and always wanted to experience in real life. This book also has a playlist that features various Taylor Swift songs that inspired parts of the book!

Say You Swear by Megan Brandy

This is one of my favourite sports romances that I’ve ever read. It’s a bit of a slow start. I did contemplate not finishing it, but then all of a sudden I was hooked and I couldn’t put it down. While this doesn’t include a famous singer, it’s still a very cute football read. The main character, Noah, is the star quarterback and the biggest sweetheart. The female protagonist, Arianna, is one of Noah’s teammates’ twin sister. This was a super cute book with a plot twist that I didn’t see coming and it made me cry actual tears.

Superfan by Sarina Bowen

So, this book isn’t a football romance; it’s a hockey romance. Close enough, right? This book follows a hockey superstar and a superstar singer who meet again after losing contact three years prior. This book is part of a series but it can be read as a standalone, which is perfect for all your sports star meets music superstar book needs!

Behind the Net by Stephanie Archer

This is another hockey romance, but that’s okay! This book is about Pippa, a struggling musician who’s trying to make it into the music industry and decides to take a job as an NHL player’s assistant. The NHL player ends up being none other than Jamie Streicher, a guy she went to high school with, who also happened to have a giant crush on her (which she knew nothing about.) I thought that this was a super cute read and as soon as I started it, I couldn’t put the book down. I read the whole thing in one sitting!

The Cheat Sheet by Sarah Adams

Football player meets dance teacher in this adorable friends-to-lovers book! This book also has fake dating and honestly, who doesn’t love a good fake dating trope? If you’re looking for a very wholesome, cute and easy-to-read football romance, this is definitely a great pick for you!

The Deal by Elle Kennedy

This is once again a hockey romance, but I couldn’t not mention it! Garrett Graham is the captain of his university’s hockey team and Hannah Wells is an aspiring musician. The two come together with a deal that Hannah will help tutor Garrett if he helps to make her crush fall for her. This is hands-down one of my favourite sports romances that I have ever read. Is it a literary masterpiece? No. Was it a cute romance that had me giggling and kicking my feet? Absolutely!

As we continue to see the love story between Taylor and Travis unfold, these ten books will give you more wholesome content. All of these books are available on Amazon and can likely be found at your local bookstore! Also, don’t forget to always check trigger warnings before starting a book to make sure that it’s right for you. Happy reading and may these books fill your heart with the same warmth as when a new picture of Taylor and Travis drops!

Kylie Squire

Wilfrid Laurier '24

Kylie is a 4th year student at WLU studying French with a minor in History. When she’s not busy studying, she loves to read, write, daydream about travelling the world and listen to One Direction on repeat.