Best Websites for Stationery Shopping

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Calling all stationery lovers! As much as we all love wandering around looking at pens and inks in store, sometimes all you’re dreaming of is just a click away. Check out some of my go-to online stationery shops that ship to Canada!

WonderPens

WonderPens is an independent stationery shop out of Toronto. If you can’t make the trip out to one of their two stores, they ship! There’s free shipping within Canada for orders over $125, which isn’t hard to spend here.

Creoly

Creoly is a website out of Jersey, Channel Islands. Though shipping does take a long time, there’s free international delivery on all orders over £10, which is amazing. Bonus, use the code “offer30” on checkout for 30% off your order!

Stylo

If you’re in the area, Stylo has three stores in Quebec: QuébecMontréal, and Rosemère. However, they also ship free in Canada for all orders over $35! Their customer service is amazing, and they have a great selection as well. 

Staples

Okay, I get it, sometimes you just need printer ink or a pack of Sharpies that you can’t get at a mom-and-pop store. Luckily, Staples ships too, and it’s free over $45! You can also pick up in store if you need your products quickly and don’t have time to browse.  

Redbubble

If you haven’t heard of Redbubble yet, stop what you’re doing and check it out now! Artists share their work that you can print on a variety of products, including stationery! There are always sales, usually on Mondays and Thursdays, but if you can’t wait that long, students get an everyday discount of 15%. Browse for what you like, but some of my favourite shops are sublimenation and Lantern Lines. In my experience, the expected shipping date is way earlier than they estimate. I once had an order delivered to the UK within three days of ordering! 

ShopJot

I recently just bought my first traveller’s notebooks from ShopJot and I can’t recommend Cori enough! She makes her products and ships them out of Alberta, and she makes notebook covers, pen rolls, and all the accessories you could ever need. 

Dingbats Notebooks

Okay, this one you might have to bring out the credit card for shipping from the UK, but I promise that they are worth it. They’re eco-friendly, hand-made, and include the mark of the Forest Stewardship Council. They’re degradable, vegan and recyclable. In the “Earth Collection“, which is perfect for your next Bullet Journal, there is an infographic spread about the threatened ecosystem on the cover, as well as tips about how you can help to save it! The “Wildlife Collection” comes in so many different colours, sizes and page types, so you won’t be left wanting!

Paperchase

If you asked me what I missed most about my exchange, Paperchase would be near the top of the list. They have everything you could ever want, and they’re getting in new products all the time. Even if you’re picky about stationery like I am, I promise you’ll find something that you like!

Indigo

What list would be complete without Canada’s favourite bookstore? Indigo’s paper section is to die for, and there’s even more selection online than there is in-store. Whether you’re looking for name-brand notebooks like Moleskine or Leuchtturm1917, going for some luxury writing with Graf von Faber-Castell or looking for Indigo’s own brand of stationery, there’s something for everyone. A personal favourite of mine is Peter Pauper Press, a brand that is committed to producing quality paper at an affordable price. Their dot grid paper is unparalleled for the price!

Happy shopping, Hawks! 

Madeline McInnis

Wilfrid Laurier '19

Madeline graduated from the BA+MA program at Wilfrid Laurier University in 2020. In her undergraduate degree, she majored in Film Studies and History with a specialization in film theory. She later completed her Master's of English degree, where she wrote her thesis on the construction of historical memory and realism in war films. If you're looking for a recommendation for a fountain pen or dotted notebook, she should be your first line of contact.