jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best St Paddy’s Day Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

With St. Paddy’s Day around the corner, it’s about time you start prepping!  Everyone knows a generous host will have hella yummy snacks ready to go for all their guests, or ready to bring to the party.  If you’re struggling for some last minute St. Paddy’s Day snacks and treats to make in a pinch, look no further, because I’ve got you covered.  These crowd pleasers will be sure to get the party started and keep it going all day! 

Go Green or Go Home

Who doesn’t love Rice Krispie treats?  Make your Rice Krispie treats super festive for St. Paddy’s Day this year by adding green food colouring to the mix!  Just follow the guidelines for typical Rice Krispie treats, but add green food colouring to the melted marshmallows before you incorporate the Rice Krispies.  Voila!  The perfect green-coloured snack for a green filled day! Shamrock Brownies

If you’re a chocolate lover these treats are sure to make your St. Paddy’s Day extra sweet!  For a quick serve, make your favourite boxed brownie mix and add some green icing to the top layer!  Throw on some festive green sprinkles and start handing them out to hungry friends!

Jolly Green Jello

Jello snacks are always a crowd fave on St. Paddy’s Day, and super easy to make for a house full of guests.  Simply make a boxed green Jello mix and set it aside in a large pan.  Add some whipped cream and green sprinkles on top for some extra St. Paddy’s Day flair and you’re good to go!

No Sweets, No Problem

If you’re not really big into sweet snacks, give this one a try!  It’s a spin on the classic chips and salsa snack found on allrecipes.com for Beer Cheese Dip.  Start off by laying out a bowl of your favourite tortilla chips.  For the sauce, you’ll need to mix melted cheese, Irish beer stout, salsa, Worcestershire sauce, chilli powder, onion powder and cayenne together.  My mouth is watering already, so I can’t wait to try this out!  Then, simply set it out for everyone to enjoy. 

Next up, we have the drink menu- for those above and below the legal age limit.

Under 19 Drink Option

Don’t you wish you could have the secret recipe to McDonald’s famous Shamrock Shake?  I got you, girl.  This recipe from geniuskitchen.com shares a copycat recipe of McD’s famous shake.  Mix vanilla ice cream, low fat milk, some mint extract and green food colouring together in a blender, serve, and enjoy!  With this recipe, every day is St. Paddy’s Day! 19+ Drink Option

For those of you who will be trying out this fun cocktail recipe, remember to drink responsibly! This drink is called the grasshopper, and is made up of Crème de Menthe, Crème de Cacao, vanilla ice cream and ice.  Blend everything together and then top it off with some whipped cream and fresh mint to really impress your fellow guests.

Hope you found these snacks and drinks to be helpful in planning your perfect St. Paddy’s Day bash.  All the best, Golden Hawks, and don’t forget to drink/act responsibly! 

Wilfrid Laurier Student who loves anything and everything related to fashion, beauty and lifestyle. Constantly living life though the wise words of fashion icon Coco Chanel, who preaches, "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.