This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Valentine’s Day is around the corner and you’re probably planning to have a nice, intimate evening with your boo. One thing leads to another and, well, you know what happens next. Of course, you want to be able to make this evening very special since Valentine’s Day only happens once a year. What better way to spice things up than to dress up in some sexy lingerie? For some of us girls, this might sound intimidating, but don’t worry, boo! I’m here to help. Here is a guide to help you choose the best lingerie for your body type so you can feel like a Victoria’s Secret Angel on Valentine’s.

Hourglass

This one is for the curvy girls with a small waist but those curvaceous hips. You definitely have options when it comes to your body type. The best lingerie to wear is anything that accentuates those beautiful hips. Some great options are bustiers and corsets. These will singe your waist to emphasize your hips and create a deeper hourglass figure by making the waist smaller. If you want something a little more breathable, you can always wear a matching set. This is a put-together look that can still emphasize that hourglass figure. If you want to step it up a bit, pair it with a garter belt, which will highlight your legs and waist, as well. These are definitely on the bolder side, but they can always be covered with a sheer robe.

Rectangle

If you have a rectangular body, your body is basically straight and seems perfectly aligned. You can manipulate this body type to look like almost anything. To have a more intensified waist and hips, then a corset or bustier is good. As said before, this will create that hourglass figure by creating the illusion of a small waist. If you want to accentuate your natural figure (as you should) then a teddy or matching set is a good substitute. You can still look fierce while flaunting your amazing natural figure.

Round

This here is for anyone with a rounder upper body and torso. Ever wanted to feel like a French girl from the Victorian Age? Well, this is your time. A negligee is a sheer, long and sexy robe that will accentuate your bust line and elongate your body. Some other alternatives are a satin lingerie dress or a chemise, which gives some coverage, but still very sexy vibes.

Inverted Triangle

If you have broader shoulders and a smaller waist then this one is for you. A great way to show off those amazing assets of yours is by wearing a babydoll dress. This flowy mini dress will flaunt those amazing shoulders with its thin straps and balance your body with its flowy bottom. Similarly, you can wear a slip that has the same effects as the teddy but is a slightly more modest version. These pieces are sexy yet still have an innocent factor to them. Alternatively, if you wanted a more daring look, a teddy has the same effect as a babydoll.

Now, regardless of which style you choose, the secret to pulling off that hot and sexy look is to be confident! No matter what you wear, confidence is what makes you the sexiest, and it alone will make your boo go crazy. Just remember, you are beautiful, powerful and sexy in anything you wear. So, go rock that new lingerie!

Sahaana Jeevendra

Wilfrid Laurier '24

My name is Sahaana Jeevendra. I'm a first year student at Wilfred Laurier University studying Business Administration. Some of my aspirations for the future are being a successful woman, be happy, and continue to live life to the fullest.
Chelsea Bradley

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Chelsea finished her undergrad with a double major in Biology and Psychology and a minor in Criminology. She loves dogs way too much and has an unhealthy obsession with notebooks and sushi. You can find her quoting memes and listening to throwbacks in her spare - okay basically all - her time. She joined Her Campus in the Fall of 2019 as an editor, acted as one of two senior editors for the Winter 2020 semester and worked alongside Rebecca as one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2020-2021 year!