This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

When life is busy throwing all kinds of sh*t your way, who has time to think about what you’re going to do with your hair?? Um, not me.  Lazy day hairstyles are my go-to practically every day because… well, because of life obvs.  If you’re in a rush or feeling super lazy one day, give one of these awesome lazy day hair styles a try.  Guaranteed to make it look like you put a little effort into your look and didn’t just roll out of bed (even though we all know you’ll be wearing your pjs to class).

The Half-Up ‘Do

New ‘Do, New You, hunny!  Do you have long hair and need a quick fix for a lazy hair day?  Look no further than the half ‘do.  Brush your long locks out and section off the middle of your hair.  Secure it with a ponytail or scrunch it up into a cute bun.  The end result is half polished, half cute, but totally a lazy hair day hack.  

The Braids-y Bunch

This lazy day hairstyle is super simple and takes less than 5 minutes to do.  Section your hair into two pieces and braid each side using whatever braid method you like.  Fish tails look fun and flirty, while traditional braids tend to have a more youthful look.  You can even check out YouTube for some fun tutorials on how to make your braid styles really stand out!

Out of this World

Similar to the last lazy day hairstyle, section your hair into two pieces.  This time, gather each piece into a bun and secure it onto the top of your head.  You should be left with two super cute “space” buns.  This hairstyle is the perfect cover up for days when you’ve left showering until the last minute.

Curly Sue

If your hair tends not to get greasy as quick as others and holds a curl for a long time, this hairstyle hack is definitely for you.  It’s a little more time consuming at the beginning, but it pays off in the long run.  Curl your hair using a tight curler (around 1 inch) the night before.  When you wake up your hair will be curly and bouncy, and you won’t have to rush to style it the next morning. 

Short Hair Don’t Care

For my gal pals with shorter hair, this hairstyle will look super cute on you!  It’s literally so simple.  Add some waves to your hair using a curler with a bigger barrel then grab some front pieces on both sides of your head and braid them into the back.  This hairstyle looks amazing and is super effortless!

Hair Hacks

If you literally have less than a minute to do your hair, here’s some go-to hacks:

1. Beach Wave Spray- spray some into your hair, scrunch some pieces, and your hair looks like you just got back from a beach vacation
  2. Not so traditional pony- Ditch the traditional ponytail and grab 2 or 3 more elastic bands.  Add the bands to your ponytail in an even fashion and pull apart the pieces that are in between to give your pony-tail some fluffiness.
  3. Hat Hack- When all else fails- wear a hat.  Baseball cap or beanie, you do you girl!

Hope these lazy hair day styles and hacks helped you out!  Have an amazing week XOXO 

Wilfrid Laurier Student who loves anything and everything related to fashion, beauty and lifestyle. Constantly living life though the wise words of fashion icon Coco Chanel, who preaches, "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.