This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

If you’re like me, you’ve waited the whole year to get your hands on all the pumpkin spice, chai and cinnamon lattes a girl could want. But some drinks don’t always hit the mark. These drinks, however, are the best ones I have hunted down on my much-needed coffee breaks on campus. Here is a list of my favourite drinks at each coffee shop at Laurier.

Pumpkin Spice Flash Cold Brew at Second Cup (Library)

This drink is the perfect coffee beverage for someone who has a sweet tooth. It is Second Cup’s OG flash cold brew, white chocolate and pumpkin spice syrups with pumpkin spice powder. I suggest getting it with milk to make it a bit richer, but without is just as tasty for someone who doesn’t love or can’t have dairy!

Photo Source: @SecondCupCanada (Twitter)

Pumpkin Spice Chai at Starbucks (Concourse)

While this one is also on the sweeter side, you can (and in my opinion, should) get it made half sweet. This creamy mix of cinnamon and pumpkin will have you dying for a second one before you even finish the first. Want to add some caffeine to help you through your three hour lecture? Add a shot (or three, one for each hour) of espresso!

Photo Source: https://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/tea/pumpkin-spice-chai-latte?size=11080474&milk=1306

Pumpkin Spice Iced Cappuccino at Tim Hortons (Science Atrium)

You know the craze is real when even Tim Hortons gets in on the flavor. This is a drink that I personally HAVE to order with only one pump of syrup. Otherwise, the drink is just too sweet. For someone who loves the idea of coffee, but doesn’t drink coffee, this is your new go-to. Bonus: this one comes with whip cream and caramel drizzle.

Photo Source: Tim Hortons

London Fog at Williams (Terrace Food Court)

The underwhelming (aka non-existent) selection of fall-themed drinks at Williams leaves you wondering what drink to pick for a cold fall day. When in doubt, a London Fog is always the answer. They are a creamy mix of Earl Grey tea and steamed milk, the perfect way to warm up when you forget your scarf at home. You can pick from Earl Grey, Green and Chai tea bags for your drink. I highly recommend Earl Grey, but Chai is a close second. I would say if you want green tea, stick to a regular tea. A Green Tea Fog leaves something to be desired.

Photo Source: https://www.thehealthymaven.com/how-to-make-a-london-fog/

Caramel Cream Brew at Veritas Cafe (Beside the Peters Entrance)

The Caramel Cream coffee roast at Veritas is a part of their rotating flavored coffee selection. It has a slight flavoring and won’t punch you in the face with sugar. This is the perfect fall drink for anyone who is a coffee addict but wants to change up their usual black cup of joe. If you want to go a little crazy, add in a bit of hazelnut creamer to this roast to add some kick!

Photo Source: @veritascafebygsa

The only cafe that wasn’t included in this rundown was Franks Coffee Haus. I have not been there yet, but plan on exploring it more in the upcoming weeks through the midterm grind. Cheers and enjoy your daily dose of caffeine!

Taya Smith

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Taya is in her 4th year of her English major with minors in both Psychology and Criminology. When she is not drinking abundant amounts of coffee, you can find her procrastinating her school work by any means necessary. She is passionate about writing and hopes to pursue a career in either education or law.
Sarah McCann

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Sarah is a fourth year Communications and Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University who is passionate abut female empowerment. She is one of two Campus Correspondents for the Laurier Her Campus Chapter! Sarah loves dancing, animals, photography, ice cream, and singing super obnoxiously, in no particular order.