Anna Schultz-Girl With Red Solo Cup
Anna Schultz-Girl With Red Solo Cup
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Life > Experiences

Best Drinking Games to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Playing games of beer pong, “never have I ever” and “would you rather” will always be fun, but sometimes mixing it up and trying new games can make for a good time. Be sure to drink responsibly!

Drunk Jenga

This party game requires a box of Jenga and a little DIY. Before stacking the blocks in the typical tower, use pens or markers to write drinking-related dares and challenges on each block. After creating the tower, take turns pulling out a block and doing what the block says. Some examples include taking a shot, all the girls taking a drink, waterfall, etc. The person who makes the tower fall finishes their drink.

King’s Cup

All that’s needed for this game is a deck of cards, an extra cup and plenty of alcohol. The deck of cards is placed facedown around an empty cup. Each player takes turns picking a card from the deck and their designated actions are as follows:

• Ace: “Waterfall” – every player takes a drink in a domino effect and the person who picks the card starts off and determines the duration of the chugging
  • Two: “You” – the player who picks the card chooses a person to drink
  • Three: “Me” – the player who picks the card drinks
  • Four: “Floor” – every player touches the floor immediately and the last person to touch the floor drinks
  • Five: “Guys” – every player who identifies as a guy takes a drink
  • Six: “Chicks” – every player who identifies as a girl takes a drink
  • Seven: “Heaven” – every player raises their hands and the last person to raise their hand drinks
  • Eight: “Pick a Mate” – the player who picks the card chooses a person to drink with them for the rest of the game
  • Nine: “Bust a Rhyme” – the player who picks the card chooses a word and everyone else takes turns saying a word that rhymes with that word. If a player is unable to think of a word, they must drink.
  • Ten: “Categories” – the player who draws the card picks a category and everyone takes a turn saying a movie in that category. If a player is unable to think of a movie, they drink.
  • Jack: “Create a rule” – the player who picks the card creates a rule that will be in effect for the remainder of the game. For example, let the group DM someone from your Instagram account
  • Queen: “Questions” – the player who picks the card asks someone a question and without answering, they ask someone else a question. This continues until a player answers a question or they cannot think of a question
  • King: “Kings Cup” – add the remainder of your drink to the cup in the center and the player to pull the fourth king loses and must drink from the center cup

Trivia

There are a variety of options of trivia-related topics depending on the party guests and their interests. After choosing a topic such as Disney movies, 90s movies or sports trivia, compile a list of questions related to the topic. After saying a question, the player raises their hand first has a chance to answer the question. If the player gets the question correct, they are safe and everyone else drinks, and if they get the question wrong, they must drink. For example, for Disney movie trivia questions could include “What does Hakuna Matata mean?” or “What is the name of the fashion designer in The Incredibles?

Buzz

This game can be played with any number of players and just requires that you know the multiples of seven. Going around in a circle, the first individual starts at number one. You can say up to three numbers at a time, so player one may say ‘one and two’ and player two may say ‘three, four and five’ and so on. The rule is that you cannot say any number that has a seven in it or any number that is a multiple of seven. Instead of saying those numbers, you say ‘buzz’ and the order of players switches direction. If you forget to say ‘buzz,’ you drink.

Hopefully, these drinking games help get the good times started and the booze flowing

Isha Pabla

Wilfrid Laurier '24

Writing has always been a passion of Isha's, and while pursuing a major in business and computer science, she finds it wonderful to be able to exercise her creativity and activism with Her Campus. Isha enjoys writing about social justice issues, community engagement and social wellness.