This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

With the rise of the COVID-19 crisis in Canada, never before have we had so much time to sit down and watch old Disney films for fun (well, since we were kids anyway). They can be the perfect distraction from whatever’s going on in the world and are still enjoyable to watch as an adult. Here is my ranking of the best Disney Princess films that Disney+ has to offer us.

13: Brave

I appreciate that Merida is a strong female role model for young girls, but this was a very weak movie. Keep Merida as a character, but definitely pass on watching this film!

12: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Don’t get me wrong, I know it’s a Disney classic. However, it’s never been one that I’ve personally ever enjoyed that much. Plus, the witch is just plain creepy.

11: Pocahontas

This was a movie that I hadn’t seen until deciding to write this article! The music from Pocahontas is legendary, but the story itself was a bit lacking. However, Pocahontas’ two sidekicks are adorable.

10: Tangled

While this is a very cute film, it doesn’t make my top five. Something about it feels lacking to me, and I can’t put my finger on what it is!

9: Moana

I adore the aesthetic and music in this movie! I highly recommend seeing it if you haven’t. For a new Disney film, it is spectacular.

8: Frozen (and Frozen 2)

I wasn’t sold on these films when I saw them for the first time, but I have grown to like them quite a bit. Plus, the music is amazing.

7: Sleeping Beauty

A classic. Maleficent is such a good villain, and the fight between her and Prince Phillip is epic!

6: Cinderella

I’ve always loved Cinderella, and the mice are adorable. Plus, Lucifer reminds me of my grandparents’ cat.

5: The Princess and the Frog

This is such an underappreciated movie, and Tiana is the most underrated princess in my opinion (she’s in my top 3!).

4: The Little Mermaid

Everyone loves The Little Mermaid, and I am no exception. Who didn’t want to be a mermaid after seeing this film as a child? However, I admit that Ursula scared me to the point that there was a time in my life that I wouldn’t watch this film because of her.

3: Mulan

I was so sad when the live-action version of this film was pushed back! The original is so amazing, and Mushu is a wonderful sidekick.

2: Aladdin

Aladdin is an incredible film in its own right, and Robin Williams sells this film as the Genie. I remember wanting to have a pet tiger like Jasmine when I was a child!

1: Beauty and the Beast

Enough said. Do I even have to explain?

I hope this list has inspired you to revisit your favourite Disney Princess films and remember – stay inside!

Bronte Behling

Wilfrid Laurier '23

A second year Cultural Studies and Film Studies double major student at Wilfrid Laurier University, Bronte has had a passion for creative writing since middle school where she took an online summer course about J.R.R Tolkien's the Silmarillion. A cat lover, Star Wars fan and podcast enthusiast she aims to gain more writing experience through this publication in order to pursue her post-degree goal of becoming a journalist.
Sarah McCann

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Sarah is a fourth year Communications and Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University who is passionate abut female empowerment. She is one of two Campus Correspondents for the Laurier Her Campus Chapter! Sarah loves dancing, animals, photography, ice cream, and singing super obnoxiously, in no particular order.