sharon mccutcheon 8lnbXtxFGZw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon 8lnbXtxFGZw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

Apps That Will Actually Help You Earn and Save Money

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

The holiday season has come and gone. So has that Christmas cash, with school back in session and everyone dropping their hard-earned dollars on tuition and textbooks! Here are just a few free apps that I love for you to try downloading (not Bitcoin) that will help you save money and even earn a little extra coin!

HQ – Live Trivia Game Show  

It seems like the whole world is already obsessed with this app, but if you are a regular at Wilf’s Trivia Night, this is the app for you! Answer twelve trivia questions that get progressively harder as the game goes on for a chance to win big. Even if you don’t end up winning any money, it’s still fun to learn, play with friends, and beat your high score. I don’t know about you guys, but I just want to make it to Question 7!

Flipp – Weekly Shopping

If there’s one thing you learn about moving away from home, it’s that groceries are expensive. It’s important to make a budget! This is my favourite shopping app because it’s local, there are tonnes of coupons, and you can price match. You can also make lists all in the same spot, so you don’t get distracted and buy things you don’t need.

Mint –  Personal Finance & Money

This is the best app to budget and see where your money is actually going! We all have a few subscriptions we could do without, and Mint helps you cut down your monthly bill while also sending reminders if you go over budget. If you’re saving for a trip or a rainy day, this is the perfect app to keep you on track!

Pact

This is a special feature for our American friends, but hopefully it’s available in the Canadian App Store soon enough! Pact is a refreshing way to earn money by setting and achieving lifestyle and fitness goals with friends, which is much more reputable and lucrative than filling out surveys. Keep an eye out for this app or another like it!

Happy saving, Golden Hawks!

Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.
Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier University