8 Struggles of Perpetually Hungry, Food Loving Ladies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

The only thing worse than feeling hungry is ALWAYS feeling hungry. Being perpetually hungry is a struggle in itself, but adding the fact that you’re a girl brings a whole new set of issues to the mix. The struggles of a constantly hungry girl are a specific set that, if you’re like me, you unfortunately know all too well.

1. You spend the majority of your money on food.

Food is expensive stuff, and the fact you’re always craving it can take quite the toll on your wallet. At the same time, it is just too easy to drop bank on a delicious poutine or burger when it’s staring you in the face.

2. You eat until you’re full, and then some.

The ‘wait 20 minutes’ before eating rule is basically non-existent. The fact that you’re full does not correlate with the idea that you’re done eating. The meal doesn’t stop when you’re full, it stops when, a) the food is gone, or b) you hate yourself.

3. You’re known as the hungry friend.

Everyone who even remotely knows you, knows you love food. There are always jokes and comments about how much you eat, but you can own the title just as well as you can kill a bag of Doritos. 

4. You have to budget more time in your day for meals and snacks.

Because you’re hungry more often than everyone else, you need more time to satisfy your stomach’s demands.

5. Missing a meal is pretty much torture.

Extra-hungry is not a mood you like to be in. It is not fun for anyone. You’re irritable, salty, and can’t talk or think about anything other than where your next meal is coming from, and when you can get your hands on it.

6. Choosing meals on dates can be…difficult.

Do you show him/her the true power of your hunger on the first date or is that moving too quickly? What if they insist on paying for everything, making you feel bad for ordering your usual app-dinner-dessert combo? What if the server automatically assumes you ordered the lighter meal? *shudders*

7. You’re always eating from you S.O’s plate.

They already know that when they introduce food into the mix, you can’t help yourself. When they voluntarily bring their snack around you, try as you may to resist, they’re going to end up with half as much food as they started with. And if they try to keep their food from you, you’re probably going to hold a grudge about it.

8. Actually, you eat off everyone’s plate.

Parents, siblings, friends, and people you just met? Yup. Once you know their names, you’re eligible to ask for a bite of what they’re eating. 

Sophia Cole

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Sophia Cole is a Writer and Editor for Her Campus WLU. She writes on everything from tongue-in-cheek topics like sex and relationships to easy reading pieces on the trials and tribulations of being a modern day woman. When she's not busy trying to be the next Carrie Bradshaw, Sophia enjoys spending time exploring new places, practising yoga and eating an abundance of different foods. 
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.