8 Spotify Playlists for (Almost) Every Mood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Spotify is a popular go-to for any music lover these days, and for good reason. It has playlists for every vibe you can think of, and signing up for a basic account is free. This list has you covered for the common moods that tend to strike when you just want to find some jams that fit your feelings.

1. Pregame Pumped

No one wants to pregame before going to a party or Phil’s in silence. Where’s the fun in that? Blare this track-list that features the best beats to get you pumped for a night out. Listen to it here!

2. Bummed Out Babe

Having a hard day (or week) can be made a little easier sometimes when you’re listening to something that can boost your bummed out mood. Instead of sobbing into a glass(es) of wine, listening to Adele sing about her heartache, try turning this playlist up to make your mood a little bit brighter. Listen to it here!

3. Slay, Girl, Slay  

Your eyeliner is sharp enough to cut rock, you’re feeling fierce as heck in that new outfit you just bought, or you just feel damn good in your comfy pyjama pants and you want to flaunt it. Strut your flawless *ss around the room and own it to these tunes. Listen to it here!

4. Zzzs

You’re lying in bed, wide awake. You’re calculating the exact hours, minutes, and seconds of sleep you would get if you fell asleep right now. That one embarrassing thing you did three years ago comes back to haunt you. What if that shadow in your room is actually a serial killer? Put this on when your brain won’t shut up and you just want to get some shut-eye. Listen to it here!

5. On the Road Again

Travelling anywhere without some music on is never fun, especially if you use public transit. Distract yourself from the various oddities that may frequent the seats of the GRT around you and ignore that odd “musty” smell that hangs in the bus air with these songs. Listen to it here!

6. Get Your Study On

Studying with different distractions around you is never a good thing. Absolute silence, however, can somehow seem even more deafening than if you sat right down in the middle of Starbucks at 12pm. If you need to fill that crushing void of quiet on the library’s 7th floor with something simple, put your headphones on and try this playlist. Listen to it here!

7. Good Morning, Sunshine

If you’re one of those rare people that can easily wake up in the morning, you’re likely feared and envied by everyone around you. If you’re like the rest of the population, though, waking up in the morning (especially for that 8:30am class) can make you feel like you’re on The Walking Dead. Luckily, these tunes should help you perk up a little bit more, even before that first desperate cup of coffee hits your system. Listen to it here!

8. Do You Even Lift?

Whether you love it (how?) or you hate it (understandable), working out is one of those necessary things you should be doing to stay healthy. If you’re pounding it out on the treadmill, or swinging those weights around like there’s no tomorrow, an appropriately energized playlist is key. Listen to it here!

“My music isn’t just music – it’s medicine.” – Kanye West

Emily Waitson

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Emily is a twenty-something fourth-year student majoring in English and History. She has a passion for writing, internet-famous cats, and sappy books.
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem