This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

1. OktoberfestIt’s not fall until ads for Oktoberfest begin to fill the streets. This annual, nine-day festival is the second-largest Oktoberfest celebration in the world. Starting on the Friday before Thanksgiving, this festival attracts an estimated 750,000 to 1,000,000 visitors every year. Go on, enjoys a stein… or five!

Website

2. Bingemans ScreamparkLooking for some frightful fun? Check out Bingemans’ Screampark for haunted houses, the “Undead Target Range”, and the “Voodoo Lounge”… if you dare!  

Website

3. Snyder’s Family FarmSnyder’s is a great place to go with friends, family or even a cute date! They have a twenty acre pumpkin patch, friendly farm animals, a famous country hayride and more! Make sure to check out the largest fall attraction in Kitchener!

Website

4. UpTown MarketThe UpTown Market has tons to offer this season! It operates from the first Thursday in June until the last Thursday of October in the Waterloo Public Square, and provides a wide variety of local goods.  Make sure to check it out before it’s too late, and support the local community!  

Website

5. Café 1842You can find Café 1842 in the lobby of the Heuther Hotel, located on King Street. This quaint restaurant features old brick décor and is a great place to enjoy a pumpkin spice latte or fall themed pastry. 

Website

6. Kitchener Market’s Harvest FestivalRunning September 18th to October 11th, Kitchener Market’s Harvest Festival provides a variety of local goods in celebration of the fall harvest. This event has something for everyone: food, cooking classes, market tours, workshops and tastings!

7. Stock Up for WinterAs much as we might not want to think about it, winter is coming. On the plus side, it gives us all a chance to go shopping! Make sure to check out some of the great local shops in Waterloo, like OW Sports, to cover all of your future winter needs.

Website

8. Waterloo ParkWaterloo Park is beautiful this time of year. All of the changing leaves, the cool fall air and funky fun animals provide tons of entertainment for a fall outing. Additional benefit: you will be able to roam freely, without the threat of a goose attack, as they all fly south! Yay!

Website

Paige O'Grady

Wilfrid Laurier

Chelsea Birtch

Wilfrid Laurier

Chelsea is one of the Campus Correspondent's for the HC WLU chapter! She has a passion for writing and is an avid reader who aspires to be an elementary school teacher. As well as being involved with Her Campus, she is also a sister of the Iota Theta chapter of Alpha Phi.