8 Delicious Ways to Get More Avocados in Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Avocados are awesome for many reasons. Not only are these buttery fruits delicious, but they’re also good for you! Avocados are the only fruits that provide a substantial amount of monounsaturated fat, which is a healthy kind of fat that is good for your heart and helps lower bad cholesterol levels. They are also high in essential nutrients and contain a particular type of antioxidant, which is associated with preventing degenerative diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular disease. In addition to being healthy and delicious, avocados can be incorporated into many meals which you have probably never considered. Here are some yummy ways to incorporate avocado into your daily diet as much as possible!

1. Avocado Pudding

Yes, avocado as dessert. Skip the cornstarch next time you make pudding and substitute it for avocados. Get the recipe here!

2. Avocado Pasta

Similar to creamy alfredo pasta sauce, but better because it includes avocados. Subtitue the linguine for zucchini noodles for an even healthier option. Get the recipe here.

3. Avocado Quesadillas 

Cut down the carbs next time you make quesadillas by replacing cheese for avocado! Get the recipe here.

4. Avocado Bacon and Eggs

Remember egg in a hole? This is egg in a (avocado) hole…with bacon. Avocado and eggs are a delicious combination. And bacon is delicious with just about everything. Get the recipe here.

5. Avocado, Pesto, Spinach, and Mozzarella Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Guilt-free grilled cheese. Get the recipe here.

6. Avocado Pizza

They really have a recipe for any kind of pizza these days. Get the recipe here.

7. Avocado Banana Chocolate Cookies

Instead of using 1 cup of butter in your cookies, use a delicious butter fruit! Get the recipe here.

8. Avocado Mug Cake

We’ve all heard of brownie in a mug. This option is just as easy and delicious, but better because it involves avocados. Also, it only takes 5 minutes! Get the recipe here.

And there you have it! Eight delicious ways to incorporate more avocados into your diet, for all you avocado lovers!

Mikaela Holder

Wilfrid Laurier

Mikaela is in her third year of Communications studies at Laurier and is excited to join the Her Campus team as a writer this year. Her favourite pastimes include binge watching Grey’s Anatomy or The Mindy Project with her new kitten, Maisy. When she’s not attending to crazy deadlines, she enjoys searching out charming coffee shops, wood fire pizzerias and making fruity cocktails and sangria for her friends. She is a hard worker and very determined when it comes to pursuing the things she loves… like searching for the perfect heeled bootie.
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem