The 8 Boots Every Woman Should Own This Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

As the winter semester takes off, the cold weather seems to follow.  In my opinion, the only good part about the winter weather is the numerous boot options that I get to pick from each day.  Here are the eight essential styles that every woman should have in her collection. 

1. Winter snow boots

Well, it is winter after all, so you will need a good pair of waterproof, insulated, winter boots.  There are a lot of stylish options, including Timberland or Sorel (I obviously own a pair of both).  These boots are versatile, warm, and allow you to stay active during the extra cold, wet, snowy days. 

2. Low-cut leather heel bootie

They look good when you’re going out and with your every day class outfits.  They are a good option to dress up your jeans with and still look sexy with your bar dresses – minimizing the risk of falling on the ice.

3. Thigh high black boots

These are the boots to own this year. They are the epitome of sexy and look good with any outfit, whether these boots are flat or high heels. I own both flat and high heel Steve Madden thigh high boots (and I am obsessed with them). 

4. Riding boots

You have probably had a pair of these fashionable boots since you turned 13 and realized your mom was going to let you pick your new boots for the first time.  These boots practically work with everything and are extremely comfortable.  I recommend getting a pair that has a solid tread so they are sturdy for walking in winter weather.

5. Moto/combat boots

Moto boots are a bit edgier than low cut booties and riding boots. They look amazing with leather jackets and ripped denim. I prefer Doc Martens due to their durability and the fact that they are orthopaedic. 

6. Brown boots

It is easy to choose black and be drawn to its simplicity and timelessness. You know it will match everything else in your closet and it’s guaranteed to look classy, but take a chance and get yourself a nice pair of brown boots.  They will soften your look and allow you to add warm autumn colours to your winter wardrobe.  Every girl needs a nice pair of brown boots. 

​7. Ugg boots

As basic as UGG boots might be, they are the coziest things for class.  When you are stuck on campus for hours, they feel like slippers.  They are not meant for the extremely wet days though, so be weary of that. 

8. Blundstones

I may be biased but these are my favourite pair of shoes. They work in every season, are 100% waterproof, and suit a multitude of styles.  Blundstones are great for every situation and they slip on easily, which is especially helpful for when you’re running late for class.

Danielle Bazely

Wilfrid Laurier

Fourth year Commuications major focusing in Business and Management, with an Economics minor at Wilfrid Laurier University.  Red wine lover and foodie (or excessive eater).  Type A personality with a perfectionist complex and a grammar addiction.  Can either be found in her red Jeep or at the on campus Starbucks.   
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.