7 Reasons Why You Should Always Listen to Carrie Bradshaw

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Carrie Bradshaw is every 20-something woman’s fictional character role model. From great shoes to great advice, Carrie Bradshaw and the girls from Sex and the City are always there for us when no one else seems to be. Carrie has offered us years of guidance in the love and labels department and for that, I think we owe her some credit for her wisdom. Here are 7 fabulous reasons why you should always, ALWAYS, listen to Carrie Bradshaw.

She Speaks to the Hopeless Romantics

Through all of the highs and lows of dating, the hooking-up phases, and the breakups, Carrie gets that deep down all of us want that fairy tale ending. Despite her articles filled with stories about date after date, she is a true hopeless romantic on the endless search for love in the city of New York- and we are so here for it.

She Supports your Shopping Addiction

If there is one person who would understand your shopping addiction, it’s Carrie Bradshaw. We get it, we have all been there. Charging that pair of strappy sandals to your credit card? Don’t feel embarrassed. We all have our vices.

She Understands the Stress you go Through

Every woman faces struggles daily, and does it ever pile on quickly? When the stresses of dating, school, work, friendships and life in general get too much, Carrie knows exactly what you need.

She Gets your Anti-Social Side

I don’t care how much of a ‘social butterfly’ you say you are, some days we all just need to be left alone. We all get into moods where it would just be better if no one spoke to us for a few hours… or perhaps the whole day. Who’s with me?

She Understands that You’re Not Up for the Gym

You’re too busy doing other important things, why would you go to the gym? Besides, it’s not like you’re lazy, you’re getting your workouts in one way or the other.

She Gets That Not Every Guy is the Right Guy

You’re going to meet a lot of guys in your lifetime, and not all of them are going to be Prince Charming (don’t we know it). Tall, dark and handsome might seem perfect on the first date, but a lot of them tend to let you down. I know I am telling you what you already know, but Carrie Bradshaw has been there and she’s here to help you.

She Understands that your Girlfriends are your Real Soulmates

Through the makeups and the breakups of dating, who is always there for you? Your girlfriends. The gals are always ready to chat about your latest and greatest date over wine, and they’re also there to dry your tears after he makes you cry with a pint of ice cream. Your group of besties are forever, your real soulmates, and Carrie sure is an advocate for that statement.

I think it is safe to say that by now we will all go to the grave worshipping this woman. My advice to you? When you’re in need of some guidance, when you’re having a bad day, when you just need to feel better…turn on Sex and the City and listen to Carrie.

Sara Domaratzki

Wilfrid Laurier

A lively and mildly entertaining 4th year Communications Studies student at Wilfrid Laurier University.  Enjoys dancing obnoxiously, quoting movies to anyone who will listen and eating various high calorie snacks. 
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.