7 Destinations to Visit Before You are 30

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

For those with a traveler’s heart, or for anyone looking to engage in world culture or sightseeing, here is a list of seven of the most beautiful destinations you need to explore before you’re all settled down after university! These are definitely destinations that will clear your mind of deadlines and assignments!

Grand Canyon – Arizona, United States

The Grand Canyon is located in the state of Arizona and is made up of the Colorado River. It is known to be over 17 million years old, and the park reaches 277 miles long, 18 miles wide and has a depth of 6000 feet. For those who like a good hike and aren’t afraid of heights, this is a destination you don’t want to miss out on!

Rio Carnival – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 

The Rio Carnival is a world-famous festival held before Lent every year in Rio, Brazil. It is considered the biggest carnival in the world with over 2 million people per day on the streets within its 5-day period. Rio Carnival 2016 will take place February 5th to 10th so make sure to mark the date on your calendar!

The Pyramids of Giza – El Giza, Egypt 

These beautiful pyramids are part of the Seven Wonders of the World. It is estimated that it took the Egyptians twenty years to build these pyramids. This is definitely a sight you cannot see anywhere but El Giza, so add it to your bucket list!

Serengeti National Park – Mara/Simiyu, Tanzania 

If you have a love for animals, Serengeti National Park is the place for you. Located in Tanzania, visitors get to go on safaris by day and relax at the resort by night. The park is made up of grasslands, savannas, riverine forests, and woodlands and is over 14,750 square kilometers… that’s massive! The park is the natural habitat of lions, leopards, elephants, cheetahs, rhinoceroses, gazelles, African buffalo, hyenas, baboons, and much more.  It is worth checking out!

Space Ibiza Nightclub – Ibiza, Spain

For those into the nightclub scene, why not check out the club that has been rated the best global club in the world? Space Ibiza is located in the heart of the beautiful city of Ibiza, Spain and is not worth missing out on!

Yellowstone National Park – Wyoming/Montana, United States

Yellowstone is the oldest and largest national park in the world. It is situated between northwestern Wyoming and southern Montana and is the home to a vast amount of wildlife and plants. For those that like camping, hiking and nature sightseeing, Yellowstone is an absolute must!

Great Barrier Reef – Queensland, Australia 

Located in the Coral Sea off the coast of Queensland, the world’s largest coral reef system is home to billions of organisms. Currently, is the biggest structure ever made by living organisms. It’s composed of 2900 individual reefs and reaches 2300 kilometres wide. This is an extravagant and breathtaking sight that anyone can enjoy!

Each one of these locations offers something unique and beautiful.  We hope we have inspired you to add some of these exciting places to your bucket list. Happy traveling, Golden Hawks! 

Veronica Puistonen

Wilfrid Laurier

Contributing Writer for the WLU Campus Chapter. Fourth year Honours Communication Studies student. 
Chelsea Birtch

Wilfrid Laurier

Chelsea is one of the Campus Correspondent's for the HC WLU chapter! She has a passion for writing and is an avid reader who aspires to be an elementary school teacher. As well as being involved with Her Campus, she is also a sister of the Iota Theta chapter of Alpha Phi.