This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Let’s just take a moment to get over how cheesy that headline is.

Christmas is a time when you want to do Christmas-y things with your significant other(s) (shout out to all my boyfriends), friends, family, and your significant-other-who’s-not-your-significant-other. These are the perfect holiday dates and they are just a short ride to Toronto (check GoTransit for schedules if you’re from out of town). They only come once a year, so make this your bucket list post-exam season.

6. Chill Ice House

This bar is the definition of winter. Although it may not be sprinkled with fairy lights, the concept is cool for you and your alcoholic friend. You’re given a down-filled poncho and then you’re able to walk into the ice bar. Everything from the cups to the tables are made of ice. If you get too cold you can always walk into Chill’s “chalet-like” bar and enjoy the rest of your night there. It’s casual and a great bar for some conversation, unless you lick the cups – don’t do that.

5. Tobogganing in High Park

Nothing is better than getting in touch with your childhood every once in a while. Grab you and your boo a cup of hot chocolate and hit the hills. Perfect way to tire out your S.O. for some post-sledding cuddles.

4. Follow this Magical Map

(via NarcityToronto)

This is a map of all the light shows in Toronto. It’s free, and makes for a great photo-op. This perfect late-night drive includes everything from Casaloma to the holy Toronto Christmas Market. Get lit.

3. Harbourfront Centre- Natrel Rink

Many people think that Nathan Phillips Square is a great place to go on a skating date, but I’m here to tell you to avoid that crazy crowd and go to Natrel Rink on Saturday nights. DJ Skate Night begins December 16, 2017 and allows the public to skate around under the stars while listening to a great line-up of DJs. Dance at your own risk (definitely dance).

2. Casaloma

Casaloma is one of the top places you should visit during this holiday season. The gorgeous museum has so much to offer, from the lights display, the annual Christmas activities hosted inside, to the escape room (perfect for groups). Spend an entire evening in here and you’ll never get bored.

1.  Distillery District

This is the holy grail of Toronto Christmas. If you haven’t heard of the Toronto Christmas Market, it’s because you’re living under a rock. Running until December 23, 2017, you’ll be able to drink, dine, play, watch, and shop anything and everything Christmas. Mulled wine can also be accessed here: it’s gross but it’s a must try.

I hope you and your significant other(s) have a great holiday and be sure to let us know which date was your favourite.

Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.