Wellness > Sex + Relationships

5 Perfect Places to Take Your Date on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and I know how hard it is to pick the perfect place to take that special someone on a date. In a university town where you might not completely know your surroundings, it can be difficult coming up with new and original date ideas. But don’t worry, because I’m here to help! Waterloo has some amazing places where you can spend some quality one-on-one time with your partner this Valentine’s Day.

Arcade Bar

This is one of my favorite places to go on a date. The arcade bar is incredibly cheap and fun! The entry fee is only five dollars and you can play as many games as you want within the bar. It’s the perfect place to show off your competitive side to your partner and get a little tipsy, all for a reasonable price. The Arcade Bar is also only five minutes away from campus, so you don’t have to worry about spending money on an Uber.

Princess Twin Cinemas & Café

A classic date night option is always to hit the movies. Princess Twin Cinemas in Uptown Waterloo is the cutest little theatre that always plays some awesome movies. Their tickets are only $10 for university students so remember to bring your student ID! Right beside the cinema is also the Princess Café. The café has some of the most amazing grilled cheese sandwiches in Waterloo – and let’s be real, who doesn’t love a good grilled cheese sandwich?

Skating at Waterloo Town Square

The rink in the Waterloo Town Square is a very popular date location during the wintertime. Ice skating is definitely one of the most romantic and beautiful adventures to go on with your partner. Skating at the rink is completely free if you bring your own skates. Waterloo Town Square is also not very far from campus; you can easily take the 200, 202 or 7 GRT bus routes and get there in ten minutes or less. Take some cute pictures together at the rink and grab some dinner at one of the many restaurants in Uptown Waterloo on your way back home.

Ace Ping Pong Lounge

The Ace Lounge is another place where you and your Valentine can show each other your fun and competitive sides. The Ace Lounge is located in Uptown Waterloo and easily lets you make reservations for a table. Their drink menu is very extensive and their snack bar menu features all the right items. You’ll spend a great night challenging each other and sipping an amazing strawberry milkshake for two.

Bingemans Kingpin Bowlounge

Now I know Bingemans is somewhat far and takes more than a bus to get to, but it is definitely worth the trek. Bingemans is located at 425 Bingemans Centre Drive and is open until midnight every day. They offer very reasonable prices and the Boston Pizza inside the bowlounge makes every penny spent worth it. So if you’re willing to spend some extra money on an Uber and want to take your sweetheart on a fool-proof bowling date, there’s no better place than this one.

Get out of your comfort zone this Valentine’s Day and explore some of these fun date locations with your partner! It’ll get you more familiar with the KW area and give you a great new way to connect with your partner.

Chandni Bhatt

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Chandni is a fourth-year Global Studies and Political Science student. She loves writing, reading and binge-watching Netflix tv-shows.