5 Fun Things to Do This Winter in Waterloo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

As they say, it’s the most wonderful time of the year! Don’t let the cold weather get you down. Instead, try these five fun things to do in the winter, and enjoy yourself

Skating in Waterloo Square

Take a quick study break and go skating in Waterloo Square! This outdoor public arena in uptown is only a few short bus stops away from the Laurier campus. If your bank account has taken a hit this semester, consider this free entertainment! Check it out here.

St. Jacobs Sleigh Rides

Beat the winter blues with a sleigh ride through a scenic route only five minutes away from St. Jacobs Farmers Market. St. Jacobs Horse Drawn Tours take groups of up to 15 adults on 45-minute trips through open fields and tall sugar bush, after which you can warm up by a wood stove with hot apple cider in the rustic sugar shack. 

Chicopee Tube Park

Stuck in Waterloo during the winter break? Take a day off and go to Chicopee Tube Park! Group rates are a steal so grab a few friends and head on over for an action packed day.

Coffee Shop Crawl

If the cold weather isn’t your thing, uptown Waterloo has some great coffee shops to cuddle up in with a book and a holiday-themed drink. Some of our favourites here at Her Campus Wilfrid Laurier include DVLB, Princess Café, Coffee Culture, Café 1842, and the uptown Starbucks! Check them out and tell us what you think!

Wonders of Winter: A Festival of Lights

Before the winter chill officially sets in, visit the Wonders of Winter light festival in Waterloo Park that is being held for the month of December. Take an evening stroll through the park, or meet at the Park Inn for a free trolley ride through the festival.

Chelsea Birtch

Wilfrid Laurier

Chelsea is one of the Campus Correspondent's for the HC WLU chapter! She has a passion for writing and is an avid reader who aspires to be an elementary school teacher. As well as being involved with Her Campus, she is also a sister of the Iota Theta chapter of Alpha Phi.