4 Small Businesses I Discovered on TikTok That I Want to Shop From

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

COVID-19 has affected us all in one way or another. Unfortunately, a community that has been disproportionately impacted by the pandemic is small business owners. Luckily, platforms such as TikTok have given business owners across the globe the opportunity to show off their work, gain a following and continue doing what they love! Check out these four small businesses I discovered through TikTok. P.S. – They’re also all female-owned!

1. Nadaré Co.

Established in 2020, Nadaré is owned by a Canadian woman. This jewelry company offers the most gorgeous pieces in both silver and gold. Her TikTok page offers behind-the-scenes of the design process, tarnishing prevention and packing orders! Nadaré stays on top of trends when it comes to jewelry but also offers timeless pieces at an affordable price. It’s clear this company values its customers and their experiences with the products! Check out the website here!

TikTok: @nadareco

2. In My Defense

The owner of In My Defense, Christine Anderson, offers Canadians (specifically women) self-defence keychains in a stylish yet safe manner. I’ve seen many self-defence keychain brands on TikTok before, however, since they are all based in the United States, they all include pepper spray. Unfortunately, pepper spray is illegal to carry in Canada so if you’re looking to keep yourself safe, In My Defense has got you covered. She offers various styles of keychains, from luxurious looks to more subtle options. These include a seat belt cutter, a germ-free door opener, a cute pompom and a personal alarm. Christine’s TikTok page outlines how to use each item as well as packaging videos! Check out the website here.

TikTok: @inmydefense.official

3. Lex Stationery

Based in Australia, Lex Stationery offers the most pleasing and organized stationery I’ve ever seen. The owner’s goal is to create beautiful and practical stationery for all, and she’s done just that! Her products include DIY notebooks in which customers can pick their covers, discs and all the pages in between. She also offers gorgeous planners, stickers, page tags, sticky notes and more! Her TikTok page mostly includes instructional videos on using her products, as well as many videos packing orders! If you’re looking for a way to organize yourself but also maintain an aesthetically pleasing workspace, check out Lex Stationery here.

TikTok: @lex_stationery

4. Loungewear Factory

Last, but certainly not least, another Canadian-owned business; Loungewear Factory is based in Montréal and owned by a French woman. Her products include lingerie sets, matching loungewear sets and oversized t-shirts. Although still quite small, her business deserves much more recognition! At an affordable price, her products are designed with care as outlined in her many TikTok videos. She also describes the type of lace used as well as various ways to wear one top. Check out her website here.

TikTok: @loungewearfactory

These times are difficult for all, but it’s important to do our best to support those who work endless hours to support themselves as well. So, if you’re in the market for anything mentioned above, please support these small businesses! Stay safe, XO.

Olivia Egan

Wilfrid Laurier '23

Third year Psychology student at WLU
Chelsea Bradley

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Chelsea finished her undergrad with a double major in Biology and Psychology and a minor in Criminology. She loves dogs way too much and has an unhealthy obsession with notebooks and sushi. You can find her quoting memes and listening to throwbacks in her spare - okay basically all - her time. She joined Her Campus in the Fall of 2019 as an editor, acted as one of two senior editors for the Winter 2020 semester and worked alongside Rebecca as one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2020-2021 year!