11 Reasons Why Everyone is Obsessed With Stranger Things

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

It’s the show everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is talking about.  No, wait- raving about.  The perfect mix of spooky, sci-fi and the power of friendship is all wrapped up into one amazing Netflix series: Stranger Things.  Seriously, what’s not to love about this show?! Keep reading to find out the 11 reasons why everyone is uber-obsessed with the Stranger Things series (but don’t worry, no spoilers here!).

1. All the episodes come out at once.  Binge-watching could not get any better.  Grab some popcorn and Netflix will do the rest of the work for you.  PS. Season 2 is shaping up to be even better than the last! (who knew that was possible?) 

2. It has just the right amount of suspense and scare for a beginner scary-show enthusiast, and just enough intrigue to keep a seasoned pro on their toes.

3. It has friend group GOALS.  Mike, Will, Dustin, Lucas, and Eleven, need I say more?  This is a dream squad if I ever saw one!  This show seriously shows the power of friendship and hello, Mike and Eleven= ship goals!

4. The show is perfectly imperfect in the perfect way!  The relationship drama, growing friendships, mysteries to be solved, it’s all part of the show’s uniqueness.

5. It’s so retro.  This show is so different from any other on the market right now and it’s all thanks to the 80’s vibe the series gives off.  I totally dig the vintage fashion and cool hang out spots like the arcade from season 2.  Nostalgia much!

6. The theme song is everything.  You’re singing it in your head right now, so case closed. 

7. The mystery solving is nail-biting, cringe-worthy and totally worth it!  The suspense of this show makes it so much harder NOT to binge watch.  I had to finish the second season in 24 hours just to find out how it ends, that says it all.

8. It’s so good I could cry about waiting any longer for season 3.  Get back to me next year.

9. Eleven LOVES Eggos.  I’m not alone- all Eggo lovers rejoice!

10. Nancy and Jonathan are too cute for words.  We all wish we had our own Jonathan to save us, but we can only dream, right?

11. The strangest things happen, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. 

So, next time your friends ask you how much you love Stranger Things on a scale of 1-10, your answer better be 11. 

Wilfrid Laurier Student who loves anything and everything related to fashion, beauty and lifestyle. Constantly living life though the wise words of fashion icon Coco Chanel, who preaches, "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.