10 Life Lessons Courtesy of Clueless

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

If you haven’t seen Clueless, stop what you’re doing, grab some popcorn, and post up on the couch, because this 90’s classic is a must watch. AS IF this is just a movie; it is hands down the most relatable coming-of-age story that you will quote almost as much as Mean Girls. Cher, Dionne and Tai have taught us some very important life lessons to keep us from totally buggin’! Here are just a few.

1. Keep your standards high

Cher doesn’t settle and neither should you.

2. Don’t cash in your v-card until you’re really ready

Again, this goes hand in hand with the keeping your standards high. Stay true to yourself, no matter what everyone else is doing.

3. Be inclusive

At some point in your life, you’ll be the “new kid,” so don’t be afraid to go out of your way to make a new friend.

4. When a boy comes over, make sure it smells like you’ve been baking

Cher unleashed this genius trick in 1995, and we haven’t looked back since.

5. You can inflict change in any aspect of your life

Have a problem with a situation or outcome? Change it.

6. Life is all about balance

Gym, school, parties, sleep… Keep it balanced.

7. Don’t put yourself in a dangerous situation for the sake of a dramatic exit 

Be smart, because getting stranded in the Valley is never cute.

8. Calvin Klein will always be relevant

All hail.

9. Fake it until you make it 

10. How not to drive

Road safety tip from Cher: do not drive in platforms.

So next time you’re questioning yourself, just think, “What would Cher do?”

Brooklyn Ramsey

Wilfrid Laurier

Brooklyn Ramsey, how do I even begin to explain Brooklyn Ramsey? She has two Fendi purses and silver Lexus. Her hair is insured for 10 thousand dollars, and I hear she does car commercials…in Japan. Her favourite movie is Varsity Blues and one time she met John Stamos on a plane and he told her she was pretty. Brooklyn aspires to be a cool mom and make sure Gretchen never lets "fetch" happen.
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem