Style

10 Essentials to Live Your Best Life (Spring Edition)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Spring is in the air, literally!! Spring is finally coming, and my friends and I are already breaking out our Birkenstocks.  Okay, it may be a little early, but it is time to start figuring out what spring essentials are necessary to live our best spring life.   The following 10 items will make your spring that much better, 100% guaranteed!

1.  Puffy vests are trending right now and they are perfect for spring.  Not only will you be looking cute as heck, the vest will help keep you warm on the cooler days of spring.  I love to wear my vest with a crewneck sweater, some leggings and running shoes.  It is my go-to lazy day look.

2.  Capri leggings are my life during the spring months!  I am always caught in the middle, wondering if I should wear shorts or pants in the spring, and the answer is capri leggings.  Capri leggings are a perfect compromise, and I highly recommend you buy a pair or two.

3.  A Fitbit can help you track your steps easily. With the warm weather coming, use that to your advantage to start exercising more and going on more walks!  Your Fitbit will be with you every step of the way.  Also, it is very rewarding once you get to that 10 000-step goal!

4.  A small coin purse is necessary for the spring, as chances are, you will start leaving your purse at home and start to just bring your wallet out.  Getting a small coin purse that can fit in your pocket is perfect!

5.  Ankle socks are key!  Yes, fuzzy socks are amazing in the winter, but make sure you have some ankle socks that you can wear with your sneakers.  It would be an interesting look to wear huge fuzzy socks with tiny little sneakers.

6.  Sunglasses are a must.  With the days getting longer and the sun shining brighter, it is a great time to invest in a pair of stylish sunglasses.

7. Hydrate or die my dudes.  Buy a reusable water bottle so you can stay hydrated all day long.  It’s going to start getting hotter outside and your body will need water to function.

8.  A cute ball cap is so necessary. Not only will you look super cute in your hat, but you will stay cooler for longer.  If you can avoid black that’s better, as black attracts the heat!  So, go with light colors like white or pink.

9.  A jean jacket is perfect for this season. It is that essential piece in your wardrobe that you wear out to the bar, but also to a dinner date. Wear your jean jacket all spring long and be ready for anything!

10.  Bras are so overrated by spring time, so it’s the perfect time to break out a lacy bralette.  Show off the lace by wearing shirts that reveal just enough.  Bralettes are cute af and can make any outfit look that much cuter so easily!

Even if these are not spring essentials that appeal to you, that is okay, everyone is different! Spring is around the corner, so take some time and make your own list of what you believe are spring essentials.  Get ready for spring a lil’ early this year so you can have your best spring yet.

Hi! I'm liv! I am a second year comm student at Laurier! I love writing, petting my dog Molly and drinking chocolate milk! To find similar content checkout my youtube channel @liv kelly
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.