thought catalog IcUbKfIuQ70 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
thought catalog IcUbKfIuQ70 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash

The 6 Books Every Girl Should Read Before Graduating College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wichita chapter.

1. You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero

You Are a Badass by Jin Sincero is a must-read for every girl in their 20’s. Sincero gives a funny and realistic approach to self-help advice. Sincero uses her own life experiences (some funny, others serious) to help you identify your self-destructive habits and how to fix them. She teaches you how to love what you can’t change about yourself, change your bad habits, and how to kick ass at life. 

2. Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis

Tired of your own excuses? Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis makes you take a look in the mirror and reflect on your life. The main message Hollis pushes throughout the book is “you, and only you, are ultimately responsible for how happy you are.” This book’s message of empowerment will definitely have a lasting impact on its reader.

3. #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso

#Girlboss tells the inspiring story of Sophia Amoruso turning her mundane life into a multi-million dollar fashion business owner. Amoruso uses her passion for reselling vintage clothes to unexpectedly make her way to the top. This is a must-read for every girl boss out there!

4. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin is one of my personal favorite books. Gretchen Rubin tells the story of how she uses an entire year to figure out how to create true happiness. By the end of the book, it gives the reader a new perspective on life. 

5. The Most Powerful Woman in the Room is You by Lydia Fenet

The Most Powerful Woman in the Room is You by Lydia Fenet is for the badass woman in you. Fenet talks about her 20-year journey in her career going from intern to global head of strategic partnerships. This is a great read for learning strategies to excel in your career.

6. Atomic Habits by James Clear

Atomic Habits by James Clear is for those that struggle with falling back into bad habits. James Clear goes into how to break bad habits while creating great ones. If you need a push and strategies to fix your habits, this book is for you. 

Isabel Burns

Wichita '22

Isabel is a junior at WSU majoring in Biological Sciences and minoring in Chemistry. After graduation she plans to go to medical school to become a pediatric neurologist. She is currently conducting undergraduate research in speech pathology. Some of her passions include martial arts/ taekwondo, reading, and volunteering!
Mikaela is a senior studying Social Work at Wichita State University where she is also the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Wichita chapter. When she isn't on campus or at work, you can find her either hanging out with friends and family or trying out the newest place in town. Her passions include traveling, reading and writing, and all things local Wichita. Valuing social justice and women empowerment, she strives to make every effort count towards the best positive impact of others. She's an ENFP-T Myers-Briggs type and a type 2w3 Enneagram. You can find her on Instagram at @mikaelacutaran.