Celebrity Spotlight: Solange Knowles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wheaton chapter.

It may seem like Solange Knowles has always lived in the shadow of her older sister, but she’s recently made a breakthrough, wowing the world with her wonderfully unconventional fashion sense. She delivers a über quirky and retro style that often incorporates tribal print and bright colors; she’s proven to be quite the trendsetter by bringing back to life the long braids that were a hit during the 90’s. Knowles has not only made a name for herself within the fashion world but is also deeply involved in DJing. She continues to broaden her horizon while capturing the attention of us all. 

Kenya is a spunky and outspoken senior at Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts. Born and raised in Harlem, New York City, she's obsessed with the fast-paced noisy neighborhood she calls home. At Wheaton she's a Sociology major with a double minor in Studio Art and Journalism. She just wrapped up her summer internship at ESSENCE Magazine where she served as the Integrated Marketing intern. On campus Kenya works at the Marshall Center for Intercultural Learning, is a resident of the Feminist perspective house and is an advocate for diversity student programing. She spent her junior year abroad in Sydney, Australia and vows to return. Kenya has an extreme love for ketchup and dreams of working in magazine publishing. She can't wait to lauch HerCampus Wheaton!