Holi Events You Have To Attend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Westminster chapter.

Holi, definitely one of the most fun festivals in the world, is an annual Hindu tradition that is celebrated by people of all walks of life, throwing water and ‘gulaal’ (powdery paint). It symbolizes the victory of good over evil, in a show of brotherhood/sisterhood. This year, we have given you two wonderful events you can be a part of, in our very own London-town! 

House of HoliDevonshire Square (Tue Mar 18- Sat Mar 22)Cinnamon Kitchen is creating a space where city workers can let their hair down and pelt each other with paint. The pop-up house will appear for 12 days and will serve a 5-course Holi meal and colorful cocktails at its bar Anise.

Dishoom Does HoliHawker House 38-50 Pritchards Road, E2 9AP (Sun Mar 23)Dishoom cafe’s legendary holi festivities are back this year with a food, storytelling, music and art. The new venue, Hawker House, welcomes all to a spicy chai session with stories about the legend of Holi, told by Vayu Naidu, before they distribute gulaal and a chance to paint yourself.

However you decide to celebrate Holi, remember to be safe and throw a lot of colors around from our side!

Love,

Her Campus Westminster

Divija Mohan

Westminster

A UMass girl who's originally from Bombay, India and currently studying abroad for a year in London at the University of Westminster! Loves watching the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, Scandal, Sherlock (A member of the Cumbercollective), Modern Family, SATC and PLL. A wannabe screenwriter and future filmmaker, she devotes all her time watching cinema from all over the world and trying out new cuisines, places and styles.