6 Ways That Show You’re an International Student Living in London

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Westminster chapter.

1.  It starts with the obvious question of where you’re from?

“So where are you from?”

Born in one place right, but raised in the other. You honestly confuse yourself when answering this question. Where are you really from?

2. “Oh my gosh you’re an international student, say something in that country you lived in.”

This is awkward, but ‘Hello’

3. “You have such an international accent!”Jeeze who knew you could have an international accent

4. You constantly check your Converter app (if you have one), or just go online to convert things when you’re out shopping. As you tell yourself,

” Hell no, I would’ve gotten this for a cheaper price if I was back home.”

5. You get really excited when you find out London has introduced your favorite burger franchise

“OH MY GOSH THEY HAVE FIVE GUYS. GUYS THEY HAVE FIVE GUYS. NO YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND”

6. Then comes the biggest fear of asking someone for direction, in the hopes of them not killing you with their deadly glare.

“Hey…umm….do you know where Oxford Street is?”

“Yeah, you’re on it.”“Oh thanks, have a nice yesterday”

Generally, a life filled with a little bit of awkward interactions and some interesting ones. All in all, I would say it’s actually fun being an international student here in London.