The Yellow London Taxi Releases App

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

The Yellow London Taxi has come out with an app for riders to order a taxi on their smart phones.

All photos from Google Play

As of December, the free application has earned a 3.9-star rating on Google Play with 5,000 to 10,000 downloads.

Similar to Uber, riders can specify their location and view how many cabs are near. Once the destination is inputted, customers can see a fare estimate before the ride is ordered. Previous trips are kept within “History” to make future ride orders quicker and more efficient.

Vehicles can be monitored on the app to see how far away their taxi is from the pick-up location.

Additionally, the Yellow London Taxi application provides a “Later” option which allows bookings up to 30 days in advance. Customers are provided benefits within the application’s “Promotions” tab, where the company posts discounts or special deals on taxi rides.

The application is meant to compete with Uber, which has affected the jobs of many taxi drivers.

The app requires a credit card as the form of payment per ride and customers can request a pet-friendly or wheelchair accessible taxi.

Would you use the London Taxi app? Let us know in the comments below!