Western Goes Global: Cultural Showcase

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Western Goes Global: Cultural Showcase is a celebration of culture, featuring a wide variety of student performances. Hosted by the International and Exchange Student Centre (IESC) and Ethnocultural Support Services, the annual event will be taking place at The Wave on Monday, November 12th from 4:30-6:30 as part of Western’s International Week.  

This year’s showcase features a range of 14 different performances, from spoken word poetry, to dancing, to instrumental music. Notable performers include the WELC International Choir, a choir made up of students preparing to begin their undergraduate studies at the Western English Language Centre; JafraArts; a Palestinian Traditional Dabke Group; a K-POP dance performance; and the TSAAW Raiders Dance Team, the Tamil Students’ Association at Western’s dance team.

Image courtesy of the International and Exchange Student Centre

The Cultural Showcase will be similar to the IESC’s Global Café, a weekly drop-in event where international and Canadian students alike can come together to meet new friends in an informal setting over complimentary coffee, tea, snacks and fun activities. The Cultural Showcase aims to provide students with a fun way to take a break from their studies and connect with other students from all over the world while promoting and celebrating diversity on campus.

All Western students and staff are welcome and encouraged to attend this fun, free event to kick off International Week and celebrate diversity on campus. No registration is required and with food, refreshments, amazing performances, activities and other fun surprises, this event is sure to be a hit!