This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Name: Victoria Scott

Age: 21

Program: Honours specialization in English, minor in creative writing

Hometown: London, ON

Tell me about yourself and all the things you do at Western!

I’m typically quite the introvert–it can take me a long time to put myself out there. Last year I aimed to push myself and get more involved with the university community, and I’m really glad I did. I joined Dance Force and The Regis magazine at King’s. This year, I’m writing for Her Campus, rejoining Dance Force, and holding a position as mentor for the King’s Academic Mentor Program.

How did you hear about Her Campus? Why did you decide to join?

I heard about Her Campus from my friend Sarah, who was on Her Campus last year, and from Becca Serena, who was in one of my creative writing classes over the summer and posted about it online.

What is your favourite thing to do in London?

I love going to bookstores. I know it sounds way overpriced and overdone, but my favourite place is Chapters. I just love the atmosphere, and being able to grab a coffee at Starbucks and wander around looking at every kind of book you can imagine. Plus, they have super cute home décor.

I also really like to go to used bookstores or libraries; older books just have this amazing musky smell that I can’t get enough of.

What did you do this summer?

I worked part time as a Sales Specialist at Victoria’s Secret (yes, I’m Victoria working at Victoria’s Secret) and I took summer school.

Do you have any mottos that you live by?

Stay true to yourself.

Do you have any guilty pleasures?

Pasta and The Vampire Diaries.

What’s your favourite thing to do in your spare time?

In my spare time, I can be found reading a good book, watching Netflix, or hanging out with my best friend or boyfriend.

Where is the best/last place you travelled to?

The last trip I travelled to was Florida (by car) and it was the best trip I ever had because I got to spend it with my boyfriend and his family. The car ride was long and horrible, but once we got there, it was so worth it. It was the first holiday where I wasn’t expected to be in a million places at once; I got to relax by the pool and drink my weight in Caesars, all while spending every minute of the day with one of the most special people in my life. Also, I got to go to Universal and visit Hogwarts—as a Potterhead, this was just a surreal experience for me. I was in shock for most of it because it was so magical.

Do you write for any other publications?

I write for The Regis at Kings’ and I have my own blog.

What is your goal for this year? 

To graduate on the Dean’s’ honour roll and get into grad school.

Alex Hawkins

Western '21

Alex is doing a master's degree in library and information science. She graduated with a BA in psychology and criminology in 2019. She previously served as co-Campus Correspondent and President of Her Campus Western. Follow her on insta @alexhawkins65.
Ariel graduated from Western University in 2017. She served as her chapter's Campus Correspondent, has been a National Content Writer, and a Campus Expansion Assistant. She is currently a Chapter Advisor and Chapter Advisor Region Leader.