This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

It’s that time of year again when the cool, fall weather begins and Starbucks brings back their Pumpkin Spice Lattes. This is the season to look through your wardrobe and bring out those comfy sweaters and fall booties you’ve been waiting to wear all year. Confused about what’s on trend or how to create the perfect outfit for fall? Don’t stress girl, I’ve created three ensembles that include the season’s most sought after looks that are appropriate for a day of school, pumpkin picking or a cute date night.

Outfit #1: Mixing Textures with a Pop of Colour

For this outfit, I started by choosing my favourite “statement” piece(s), which are my jacket and boots. I really love this leather jacket because it’s comfortable, but also has the silver button and zipper detailing to give it an edgy vibe. Also, the over the knee boots are a staple for the fall months as they add a bit of glam to any casual outfit. Mixing the suede and the leather together connects the statement pieces and adds an interesting flair to the outfit. I wanted to add a couple pops of colour by tying in my rose coloured cropped top, pink hued sunglasses and blue scarf on my backpack to bring the whole look together.

Links for Outfit:

1. Leather Jacket (similar)

2. Over the Knee Suede Boots (exact)

3. High Waisted Blue Jeans (similar)

4. Long Sleeve Wrap Crop Top (similar)

5. Black Leather Backpack (similar)

6. Pink Sunglasses (exact)

Outfit #2: Laid-Back Monochromatic

Next up is this really comfortable and easy outfit perfect for those busy days when you don’t have a lot of time to figure out what to wear. My favourite piece is the grey jacket that I just recently bought. The fabric is really soft and compliments my body shape well, as the length hits me right at mid thigh. One of the best techniques I’ve learned when buying fall jackets is to make sure to look for a length that really suits your height and body shape so it’s not too short or too long. I wanted the jacket and the shoes to pop the most in the outfit so I decided for the rest of the outfit to be neutral and monochromatic. These jogger pants are a great alternative for wearing sweats since the fabric is breezy and comfortable, but looks a little more presentable. Finally, white tennis shoes were a huge trend throughout the summer months and still continue to make an appearance in fall street style. These ones from Adidas are super comfortable and really finish off this look.  

Links for Outfit:

1. Grey Jacket (exact)

2. White Tennis Shoes (exact)

3. Black Tube Top (similar)

4. Black Jogger Pants (similar)

Outfit #3: Contrasting Neutrals for Cold Weather

For this outfit, I wanted to contrast the most essential colours for fall: black and tan. I did this by incorporating my favourite thick tan coat with my black ripped jeans and leather studded chelsea boots. Since these colours are so impactful on their own, I wanted to also add a softer off-white turtleneck to lighten up the look altogether so it wouldn’t be too harsh. This outfit is perfect for one of those chilly fall days where you want to stay warm and drink hot chocolate with your BFFs. This look is also super easy to transform into a chill date night look just by switching the boots out for some black heels or heeled booties.

Links for Outfit:

1. Tan Coat (similar)

2. Studded Leather Chelsea Boots (exact)

3. Off-White Turtleneck Sweater (exact)

4. Black Ripped Jeans (similar)

5. Black Leather Bag (similar)

Hopefully these outfits have given you some street style inspiration for the rest of the fall season. Remember, the most important part of any outfit is your confidence and adding your own personal flare to make your look your own.