sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Top 10 Things To Do In London ON This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

I’ve lived in London, Ontario for 15 years. I’ve talked to locals as well as students who have lived in London, Ontario.  I’ve noticed that most people do not have an idea of what to do in this city. I don’t blame them. It can get boring and most places close pretty early. However, summer has just begun for most students and I’m here to share some different places, in no particular order, people can check out. Whether you are a student staying in London for the summer, a local, or a visitor, there is something for you.

1. The Mustang Drive-In

Located at 2551 Wilton Grove Rd, London, ON

Yes, there is a drive-in! I was shocked when I found out a few years ago. This is a great place for the summer. You can enjoy a movie outside, in your car, or in the back of your truck.

2. Patios

Patio season is in effect. Here are two popular patios you can bask in the sun at:

Barney’s

671 Richmond St, London, Ontario

Jack Astor’s Rooftop Patio

Located at 660 Richmond St. London, Ontario

3. Axe Throwing

Located at 38 Adelaide St N. London, Ontario

Experience the thrill of axe throwing!

4. Port Stanley Beach

Located at 128 William St, Port Stanley, ON

This beach is not in London, Ontario but is extremely close. It’s a 30-minute drive and super easy to get to!  

5. Nature Trails

Thames River Walk Trail

Greenway Park Trail

Sifton Bog Trail

Medway Heritage Forest

Meadowlily Woods Trail

6. Festivals

London Fringe Festival

It is a festival that showcases local and national talents. The events are held at various indoor and outdoor venues downtown.

International Food Festival

Located at Victoria Park. Clarence Street at Dufferin Avenue. London, ON. From June 23-25.

Funnel cakes, fried Mars bars, elephant ears, and all types of sandwiches and dishes from around the world are found here. I recommend trying the fried Mars bar and funnel cake with vanilla ice cream and strawberries; you can thank me later.

Sun Festival

Located at Victoria Park. Clarence Street at Dufferin Avenue. London, ON. Date: July 6-9

London’s Sunfest event celebrates the cuisine, music, dance, and crafts of many cultures across the world.

Rib Fest

Located at Victoria Park. Clarence Street at Dufferin Avenue. London, ON. Date: August 3-7

Ribfest features ten world class Ribbers battling it out for awards including “Best Ribber.” Not into ribs? Don’t you worry, food from around the world is featured at this festival. It also includes music, dance, and different shopping tents.

Rock the Park Music Festival

Located at Harris Park, London, ON. Date: July 12-16.

Check out the 2017 line up at: https://rockthepark.ca/

7. Wortley Village

Wortley Village is located in the south of London. It is a great place to go for a walk, check out a cafe, or any organic restaurants.

8. Eldon House

Located on 481 Ridout Street, London, Ontario.

Eldon House is a museum featuring 19th century period mansion and gardens. If you are into 18th century art and ghost stories, this is your museum.

9. Salsa Nights at Oliver Twist

Located at 130 King St, London, ON N6A 1C3, Canada. Check out London Salsa Dance Company for more information!

If you want to learn how to salsa, bachata, merengue and kizomba, come out to these salsa nights! They start the night off with beginner classes that teach the basic steps!

10. Cardboard Cafe

Located at  Unit 102, 114 Dundas St, London, ON N6A 1G1, Canada

As we all know, London’s weather is all over the place. If you are looking for a place to head to during those rainy summer days, I recommend checking out this lovely cafe.

This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.