This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Moms are often seen as the most important people in the world,and for good reason. I have no idea what I would do without my mom; she’s always been there for me when I’ve needed her, and times when I didn’t know I needed her.

I want to thank my mom for everything that she’s done for me, from teaching me to tie my shoes, to holding my hand when I cry, and buying me food everytime that I go back to school. (I know I’d starve without her.) She’s made me into the person that I am today, and I’m so grateful for that.

I know that you do everything for my sister and I. You’re so amazing in the way that you put us first, without thinking about it. You’ve always been the most caring person that I know. When I see other moms I’m always thankful that you’re mine, and I was not raised by anyone else because you’re so kind and caring—not to mention completely silly, and so I was able to get your amazing sense of humor.

Thank you for being so positive. I’ve always been a cynical person, but you help me to see some of the good in the world. Sure, we may not always agree on everything, but you’re so positive that it’s impossible for me not to see some of the good that you do.

I also want to thank you for giving me everything that I have. From too many toys (of course I asked for them all), to putting me in all of the lessons that I wanted. Thank you for being there for me at every skating performance, singing recital and play, no matter how small my part. Even the smallest things were turned into something special because of you.

Thank you for dealing with all my craziness, and the ways in which I’m not always what you expected. Like when you went with me to get a tattoo, even though you didn’t love the idea, but you knew it was what I wanted. You’ve always accepted the curveballs I throw with ease, like you were anticipating them before even I was.

You’ve made me into the person that I am today, and for that I’m grateful. Of course I make mistakes, and I’m still learning, but because of you I have to tools to deal with these and make my own decisions. It’s because of you I can be so independent and make my own way in the world. But don’t worry, because I’ll always need you no matter how old I am.

Thank you Mom, for everything that you’ve done for me and everything that you’ve made me. I can’t imagine my life without you.

Hello! I graduated from my masters in journalism in 2018 and have carried my passion for writing.
This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.