Profile: Delfina Gagliardi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Name: Delfina Gagliardi

Age: 21

Program: Kinesiology

Hometown: Toronto, Ontario

Tell me about yourself and all of the things that you do at Western.

I am a Health Sciences faculty soph; I work at the Wave as a server, and I play soccer intramurals.

What inspired you to become a soph?

I love Western and I had a really wicked O-Week in first year; it was a very welcoming atmosphere. I really wanted to make sure that I could provide the same positive experience I had to others.

What is something you’ve learned as a soph?

You never know what someone else is going through, regardless of how they appear on the surface. Another thing I’ve learned is that sometimes you may try really hard to be someone’s friend, but they just don’t want your friendship, and you just have to learn to not take it personally because it has nothing to do with you.

What do you love most about your program?

I love that I get to take a yoga class for marks.  Kin pub crawls are a lot of fun! Also, as a Kinesiology student, you will never be judged for wearing any kind of sport gear to class every single day.

What are your goals this year?

I want to get really good grades for professional school; I’d like to go to Rick’s Wednesdays at least three more times, and I’d like to make the best of my last year with all of my friends.

What is your favourite thing to do in your spare time?

I like to hang out with friends, bake, swim, go to cottages, try new food, and watch Game of Thrones and Friends.

As a fourth year student, what advice would you give to your first year self?

I would tell myself to party in residence more often, get organized with school and take my grades more seriously. I would also remind myself that things will always work themselves out in the end.

Currently a fourth year philosophy student at Western University and Junior Events Executive for Her Campus.
This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.