One Night Stand Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Nothing gives me more joy in life than doing my hair and makeup and going out. I love dancing drunk with my closest friends and being savage AF at the bar or party. I’m not going to the bar to find a guy to take home, however it doesn’t feel too bad when I’ve attracted a hot guy I’ve been eyeing since my first vodka cran. But nothing is more embarrassing than having my makeup all over the place the next morning if I decide to spend the night, which is super rare.  Here’s a few things I like to keep in my purse to look just as good as the night before the next morning.

Q-Tips

Though I only like to use waterproof mascara for going out, Q-tips are perfect for banishing the inevitable raccoon eyes. Bonus tip: soak the Q- tip ends in makeup remover and keep a few in a Ziplock bag in your purse to make the makeup come off 10000x easier.

Compact / Concealer

Light coverage or even just translucent powder in a compact is perfect if you see that your foundation is somehow no longer on your face. Don’t worry about your contour or highlight at this point, it’s probably long gone.

Breath Mints/ Gum

No one likes morning breath, especially if you now smell like alcohol, or anything else…

Tinted Lip balm / Multistick

Tinted lip balm will give you a light bit of colour while moisturizing your lips. Chances are you’ve been making out all night, and those bad boys are chapped.  A mutilstick can be used on the lips and cheeks to give you a fresh look, for the “I woke up like this” feeling.

Hair Tie/ Dry Shampoo / Comb

If you’re anything like me, you went all out with the hair products, and that boy was loving your hair. Just in case your hair is a little messy, you can now achieve that “hot mess/sex hair” with out looking like a complete grease ball.

Fresh Undies

To make your cab ride home a little less uncomfortable, especially if you couldn’t find the ones from last night in your rush to leave.

Emergency Cash

This seems like a no brainer, but I like to keep cab cash in a zipped pocket in my purse, this way when I’m drunk and reaching directly in my purse for cash, I don’t spend my cab fare.

Thankfully, there are travel sized items of each of the ones listed above. But if you want to avoid looking like the hot mess that you are in the morning, check out these sex proof makeup tips

Ariel graduated from Western University in 2017. She served as her chapter's Campus Correspondent, has been a National Content Writer, and a Campus Expansion Assistant. She is currently a Chapter Advisor and Chapter Advisor Region Leader.