This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

We have an amazing exec board this year, for the first time! Introducing our events director, Stef, an awesome 4th year who’s gonna plan some fab events for us this year! 

Age: 21
Program: English Literature & MIT Hometown: Georgetown, Ontario

Relationship Status: Single

Social Media

Instagram: s_karasavidis / https://www.instagram.com/s_karasavidis/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/skarasav

Tell us some things about yourself & what you do around Western.

I’m a person who spends a long time stuck in her own head, so I found it strange that I initially had such a tough time figuring out ways to answer this one. I ended up asking a few friends for their input and got variations of “sarcastic asshole,” but we should all take that statement with a grain of salt.

On a more everyday note, I enjoy messing around with cosmetics, a strong drink, and a good book. I treasure the lazy days with my wonderful friends and late nights downtown, and I have a serious soft spot for critters of all shapes and sizes.

Around campus you’ll likely see me cramming food in my mouth on my way to a class I’m a tad late for, or reading a completely academically un-related novel. You’ll never see me without some form of vivid eyeliner, and I never leave my house without a pair of headphones and snacks (I don’t share food well).

What are you most excited about for this year with HerCampus Western?

If you’ve had a chance to check out the HerCampus website, you may have noticed the phrase “College is hard, we make it easier” popping up all over the place.

I’m truly excited to have a group of intelligent and resourceful ladies to turn to when things start to get difficult. Whether its life, schoolwork, or just being stumped with my writing, I love the idea that our chapter is going to be there to help!

How did you originally get involved with HerCampus?

I originally got involved with HerCampus as a result of a very pushy roommate (holla at Elisa Yoo) who thought I’d work well with the team. She was spot on and I’m glad I (finally) listened to her, even if never stops with the “I told you so’s”.

What is your favourite HCWO article?

I thoroughly enjoyed Ariel Vaisbort’s profile article about her dog, Lyla. I’m a die- hard animal lover so I got a few chuckles out of that!

http://www.hercampus.com/school/western-ontario/profile-lyla-dog

On a slightly more serious note, Kellie Anderson’s “10 Reasons I’m Terrified to Graduate” was also a great read. In a few succinct sentences I feel she really hit the nail of the head when it comes to some of the scariest parts about leaving Western (and University in general).

http://www.hercampus.com/school/western-ontario/10-reasons-im-terrified-…

What do you like most about your major?

As majors go, both MIT and English literature require a ridiculous amount of close reading. Even after you’ve gotten the degree, I think that drive to analyze and tease out subtleties stay with you – and they apply to more than just novels and dissertations!

As a result of the ideas and disciplines I’ve been exposed to within both programs, I live every single day looking for the ‘why’ in everything I see, and I’m never disappointed with the results. You learn a lot about the world when you know how to ask the right kinds of questions.

What is your favourite thing to do in London, Ontario?

My favourite thing to do in London has got to be walking down to Victoria Park to read and/or feed the squirrels. More recently, I’ve also been taking advantage of the dozen or so Poké lures you can find downtown. In the wintertime, I largely hibernate in my bedroom and feed my pet rats #turndownforwhat.

Do you have any mottos that you live by?

“Chase your shots with a smile” has got to be the only motto I’ve ever actually spoken aloud.

A few years ago, one of my good friends described me as “the perfect blend of sass and eloquence,” and ever since I’ve been striving to meet that particular standard.

Do you have any guilty pleasures?

My guilty pleasures include indulging myself in large amounts of greasy food and red wine, but I hardly feel guilty about that. Also, bubble baths.

What is your favourite thing to do in your spare time?

I love listening to music and snooping through other people’s iTunes libraries to find new stuff (any Atmosphere or Amy Winehouse fans around?!).

Ariel graduated from Western University in 2017. She served as her chapter's Campus Correspondent, has been a National Content Writer, and a Campus Expansion Assistant. She is currently a Chapter Advisor and Chapter Advisor Region Leader.