books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Masonville Place Student Shopping Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

On Friday, November 4th, Masonville Mall held the grand opening of its new wing, which included a number of new stores, including H&M and Zara. As part of a student promotion, students were offered free cab rides to and from campus, and the first 200 students in line received a swag bag full of coupons and samples.

The grand opening was certainly popular, and almost all the other stores in the mall ran promotional sales and deals as well. Kiehl’s had free skincare consultations, David’s Tea gave out free hot drinks, and NYX had free makeup touchups. Fresh Radio played music, and shoppers lined up with coupons in hand at almost every store.

The owners of the mall invested $77 million into the renovations and broke the old Sears down into thirteen smaller stores, including H&M, Zara, and makeup store NYX.

Other shops and restaurants that will open in the mall include: Sport Chek, an Aroma Espresso Bar, Nando’s and The Keg, which will be moving from its current location on Richmond Row.

Masonville Place has not yet said what they will be doing with the old Target store, but construction is underway.

Ariel graduated from Western University in 2017. She served as her chapter's Campus Correspondent, has been a National Content Writer, and a Campus Expansion Assistant. She is currently a Chapter Advisor and Chapter Advisor Region Leader.