This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Friendly, compassionate, blonde, and beautiful, what’s not to love about Western Cheerleader (and this week’s Campus Cutie), Maddie Lott! Recently back from a mission trip in Nicaragua, miss Lott was kind enough to answer a few fun questions for Her Campus! Have a read and be sure to meet one of the kindest girls on campus — before she graduates this year! 

Age: 20 

Program @ Western: Media Information and Technoculture 

Expected Graduation: This year — yay!

Hometown: Thornhill

Relationship status: single 

What made you chose Western University over all others? 

My program and I suppose Western’s reputation as a party school also appealed to me… 

What is your favourite bar in London? 

I know this is a bad answer, but I really like them all – Ceeps, Cobra, JBRs, Jacks, Gatsby.  

You’re a member of the Western Cheerleading Squad! What has been the most rewarding experience you have had since being a part of the team? 

I love that the team has given me the opportunity to travel with a group of my closest friends.  Going to California in my first year was the most exciting trip.  There are so many rewarding things about being on the team it is hard to narrow it down to one.  I guess if I had to pick, I think it would be the feeling I experienced while on the floor competing at Nationals. The Western Coed Cheerleading team has won 29 national titles.  It is extremely rewarding to know that I have been part of such a legacy.  

What are you passionate about? 

Traveling…yes, I know…so cliché, but I’m super excited about graduating this year so I can have the freedom, time, and money to do so.  

What’s your proudest accomplishment?

I spent reading week in Jinotega, Nicaragua teaching English to underprivileged kids.  This was the most rewarding experience of my life.  I am proud to say that I was able to play a small role in providing kids with the opportunity to receive the education they deserve.  Although I was only there for a week, I know I was able to make a difference.  Our motto was “poca a poca”, which means little by little.  #outreach360 #bethechange

Who is your biggest inspiration? Why? 

Mama Lott.  She rocks.  She is an amazing mom, wife, and friend, and I love her sooooo sooo much.  I really couldn’t imagine a better mom, and I hope that one day I am as successful as she is. (I know you will probably end up reading this somehow, so, hi mom!)

What is your plan once you graduate?

Make some money and then travel.  First I hope to go back to Jinotega and see some of the kids I taught over my reading week.  Then I plan to backpack through Asia with two of my best friends.  When I return to the real world I will most likely go to teacher’s college.  

What will you miss most about Western? 

My friends!  I have met so many amazing people along my journey at Western.  I know I will keep in touch with most of them, but I will be sad not to see them as often, especially my roommates. 

How would your best friend describe you? 

I asked her and she said, “I would say you are the nicest person I know”.  I mean I guess she is a bit biased, but I was still happy that was her answer.

HC Quiz:

Night or morning: Definitely night. Hate mornings.  

Job: Bartender at Gatsby 

Indoors or outdoors? Outdoors, as long as the sun is shining and the sky is blue.  

Guilty pleasure: :ots and lots of candy 

Would you rather shave your head or never shave your legs again? Never shave my legs again.

Favourites:

Place on earth: On top of Pena de la Cruz — a mountain I climbed at sunrise in Nicaragua, the view was beautiful.  

Emoji: Monkey covering eyes…how can you not love the little guy? 

Frozen yogurt: Anything and everything from Chil.  Legitimately the best frozen yogurt place in the world.  

Go to outfit: Little black dress and beige heels 

Life motto/words to live by? 

Ummm, I guess “poca a poca”.  Nicaragua truly had a huge impact on my life and I will remind myself of this quote in everything I do.  I want to make the world a better place and I know I can only accomplish this by doing things “little by little”.  

When I say… you say…

Drake: yolo  

Lipstick: love it 

Purple: Western 

Hair Bows: cheerleading 

Football: muscular men   

Leo Dicaprio: mmmm 

Sleeping: I like it too much 

Male Cheerleaders: teammates only… 

Tattoos: want another one

Winter: too long 

Paper cuts: annoying 

Nachos: tasty 

Slippers: always

Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.
Alexie is a graduate from The University of Western Ontario where she majored in English and minored in both Writing and Anthropology. She is now a graduate student at Western, where she is completing a Masters of Media in Journalism and Communications. Reality TV junkie and social media addict (follow her on instagram: @alexie_elisa and twitter: @AlexieRE_Evans), Alexie is ecstatic to be on the alum team of HC Western Ontario after loving being the campus correpondent in her undergrad!