This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) has officially announced that London, Ontario will host the 2019 JUNO Awards, along with associated JUNO Week events occurring from March 11 to March 17, 2019.

This will be London’s first time hosting the JUNO Awards since the event began touring Canada in 2002. The show will be held at Budweiser Gardens on March 17, 2019.

“In support of the 2019 celebrations, the City of London has announced that beginning January 29, key music venues in the city will donate one dollar from every ticket sold to MusiCounts, Canada’s music education charity associated with CARAS,” according to a press release from the JUNO Awards website.

Prominent London venues are participating in this initiative including London Music Hall, Centennial Hall and Budweiser Gardens.

The Province of Ontario, the City of London and Tourism London support the decision for London to host the awards in 2019, according to the press release.

“We are thrilled to host the 2019 JUNO Week celebrations here in London. As one of Canada’s emerging cultural scenes we are excited to show the world how culturally rich and diverse London is,” said Chris Campbell, Director of Culture & Entertainment Tourism at Tourism London.

Some Western students have also stated their excitement for the London JUNO Awards.

“It will be cool to see London represented on a large scale, hosting a Canadian awards show,” said Shannon Marks, fourth-year Media, Information and Technoculture student. “It is a great way for students to be immersed in the London community and be proud of, not only Western, but London, Ontario as well.”

This year’s JUNO awards will be hosted by Michael Buble in Vancouver on March 25 on CBC.

Are you excited for London to host the 2019 JUNO Awards? Let us know in the comments section below!